Sierra's Wake Up Call for Riou

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Sierra's Wake Up Call for Riou

Post by suiko2fan2 »

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii31 ... upcall.png

Below is a link to a screenshot of Sierra waking Riou up before the major battle with Luca Blight (and yes i know that can't happen, because sierra comes after luca's death, so yes i used a gamehark code. i've played this game over 50 times i dont care if i cheat anymore. so please dont ask stupid questions about how i got her so early in the game). I never seen Sierra do this before, am i am not sure there is any chances for her to come to wake you up and to be able to say this dialog post-Tinto anyhow, so i think this rare one.

There a few cool things about this though for one that the game makers actually gave her dialog relevant to her condition. this is unique considering again your not suppose to have her yet, but here she is with coherent dialog and not "&$^#X" which happens often in the game when you have done things that normally you shouldn't be able to do. So on that level, sneaky clever of Konami.

the other part i enjoy is what she says you can't be tired yet, once you've been around a 1000 years then you can complain to me about being tired, until then get it gear. Or least thats the feeling or meaning i got from her words. anyhow this is just for fun, some thing new imagine for most of us. enjoy

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii31 ... upcall.png
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Belcoot4

Re: Sierra's Wake Up Call for Riou

Post by Belcoot4 »

I haven't had the Sierra wake up call happen to me but I too have used a gameshark before. I'll tell you this though if Feather comes to wake you up you're game will freeze. Riou's room is only so big and when Feather comes to wake you up he spreads his wings which go into the black part of the screen on the viewers' right hand side, really wierd.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

So on that level, sneaky clever of Konami.
Consider the following:

1. We know Suikoden II had a major plot change in the middle of developement, Sierra coming earlier is not improbable.

2. We know that even units that can't possibly die under any circumstances have death quotes, seemingly they put a lot of useless lines in there.

3. The "¤!%!%! dialouge is not from using characters unavailable at the time, but from untranslated text from the localization process. 99% of these are fixed in PAL version, even bringing Futch to Greenhill will not yield any gibberish.

With that in mind, cool find, but the chances of that being sneaky clever of Konami are slim to none.

Still. Cool.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
So on that level, sneaky clever of Konami.
Consider the following:

1. We know Suikoden II had a major plot change in the middle of developement, Sierra coming earlier is not improbable.

2. We know that even units that can't possibly die under any circumstances have death quotes, seemingly they put a lot of useless lines in there.

3. The "¤!%!%! dialouge is not from using characters unavailable at the time, but from untranslated text from the localization process. 99% of these are fixed in PAL version, even bringing Futch to Greenhill will not yield any gibberish.

With that in mind, cool find, but the chances of that being sneaky clever of Konami are slim to none.

Still. Cool.
I wasn't aware of number 3, that's pretty awesome. Maybe I should play the PAL version.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Yeah. If you like the game, you definitely should. The war battle music is restored to the original, Annalee is not silent anymore, the McDohl name issue is fixed and a lot of other minor things.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If only there were a PAL release of Suikoden III to carry forward some of those bonuses, in particular McDohl's corrected name transfer.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

CelesDestiny wrote:Yeah. If you like the game, you definitely should. The war battle music is restored to the original, Annalee is not silent anymore, the McDohl name issue is fixed and a lot of other minor things.
War battle music restored to the original? What does that mean?
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Found this today which is in the same vein as the topic...

http://www.klueze.com/suiko/nanami.jpg

Yeah... freaks me out too.

It's too bad I can't find an all character code for the PAL version or there might be something interesting if you bring Jowy. In the NTSC he just says %0ß.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Found this today which is in the same vein as the topic...

http://www.klueze.com/suiko/nanami.jpg

Yeah... freaks me out too.

It's too bad I can't find an all character code for the PAL version or there might be something interesting if you bring Jowy. In the NTSC he just says %0ß.
In the PAL version his text box is just blank.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Well I guess that leaves the JAP version.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Think they originally intended for you to be able to bring Nanami along? Or, did they create quotes for all playable characters for completion's sake?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Who knows. It's like in Suikoden III where you can bring Yuber, Sarah and Luc to fight Luc and they have lines.

The way her lines are though it doesn't seem like they intended for her to ever be brought and was just there for laughs and debug:

1a. "Yeah, yeah, go, go!!"

1b. "Nope, nope, nope!"

2. "Yuppers, let's run."

3. "Wow, wow, WOWWWWW!"

4. "Wha-wha-wha?? Jowy!!"

5. "WOW!!! This freaks Nanami out!!
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

What do Luc, Sarah and Yuber say when you take them to fight Luc?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Slot 1

Yuber: I'll be glad when this final battle ends. Let's do it!

Luc: Yes! The final fight is upon us. To victory!

Sarah: I'm ready! The final battle's upon us. Bring it on!

Slot 2 (only speaks if you choose to wait)

All 3: Sure, since this might well be the final battle, we should make sure we're prepared.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Cheers Raww :)