What if Luca Blight had a girlfriend...?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

the only reason why luca wouldnt hurt his woman is because he had to watch his mother get raped. while many psycologists say kids follow after what they see, i dont think he would do that. genecide of the state civilians and murdering his father is proof enough that he would never do that to a woman he loved.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Baka_no_fool

Post by Baka_no_fool »

You know, in my opinion, if anita became his so called GF... I think Mr. Luca would have been much more productive opps... I mean destructive...

Yea... Anyone who play S2 know that anita could always be bribed with a bottle of wine so, in conclusion, LUCA SHOULD NOT have a gf or else, even if we have 216th star in the game, maybe at the ending.. at least 108 of them will have a writing about them dying durin the war.
"Hee hee hee... I'm Flik! Teeheehee!"
"Hee hee hee... This is fun."
"Hee hee hee... Merciless, cruel, brutal, atrocious, cold-hearted, ruthless attack. Teeheehee..."
-Landis-
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Problem is there was no woman he loved, well aside from a kind of love for Jillia, so he could have very probably treated other woman with disrespect as none would remind him of his mother and he wouldn't see himself as one of the rufians at all. Its hard to look from the outside in.
Bakerofish

Post by Bakerofish »

pick thy cliche

"Momma held him too much"

"Momma didnt hold him enough"

Luca Blight is the suikoden equivalent of a serial killer...

except hes got all this power that he doesnt have to hide his blood lust :)

besides i doubt hed even have sexual relations with a girl not after what hes seen ...

i wouldnt be surprised if he even went to the extent of mutilating himself.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

i wouldnt be surprised if he even went to the extent of mutilating himself.
WOW!!!! EASY ON!!! Don't scare people like that.

I'd agree its possible he never even touched a girl sexually after what he witnessed at his age (unless he was a horny lil bastard as a kid), but I doubt he'd go that far.

I like the "Momma held him too much" cliche :)
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Oooohhh, scary! Mutilating?!?! :shock:
Well, considering the fact that he WAS royalty, he might've been a sick little child. You know, unrevealed sexual pervert by the age of five...
But I somehow doubt it. I agree he probably never touched a girl intimely after witnessing all that.
I go for "Mommy held him too much" too...

By the way, you really made my skin crawl by mentioning mutilation... don't ever do that again, man! Please!
Sir Maldon, the mighty knight of Greenland, bringer of fear and destruction, destroyer of wine barrels, pride of Imperial Heavily Armored Knights Special Elite Destroyer Unit, evil monsters' WORST nightmare!!!!!!!!
Sesshomaru

Post by Sesshomaru »

if you think about it... Luca is a really REALLY sick in the head guy... all the thigns that happened to him.. I'm not suprized he spazed and tried to kill everything.. I would to if i saw what he did..
To be a rock and not to roll -Led Zeppelin
Marth Owns Old school style.
STYX!!
There must of been a door there in the wall!
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Well, nobody ever said he wasn't sick. He was totally sick!
What I always asked myself was "would he turn out to be like that if his life and the people that surrounded him were a bit different". Quite interesting, if you like to study psychology...

Luca would make a great main-bad-guy in Silent Hill series...
Sir Maldon, the mighty knight of Greenland, bringer of fear and destruction, destroyer of wine barrels, pride of Imperial Heavily Armored Knights Special Elite Destroyer Unit, evil monsters' WORST nightmare!!!!!!!!
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Well, nobody ever said he wasn't sick. He was totally sick!
Very arguable actually! He definatelly HAD his reasons. Even though he blew them out of proportion, he had a right to avange his mother.
"would he turn out to be like that if his life and the people that surrounded him were a bit different". Quite interesting, if you like to study psychology...
Yup. It wasn't those around him that made him that way. It was the incident at the Muse-Highland boarder. Mind you that is half right (as is everything in psychology and philosophy) if his father wasn't such a whimp.
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Yes, he had his reasons indeed. It was exactly the incedent with Muse ruffians that turned him into a psycho.
That's also the reason why he hated Agares- he fled while Luca and his mother were left to those ruffians. Luca tought of him as a whimp, a man that cared only about himself and didn't give a dime about his son and wife. Sad... :(
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Maldonado wrote:Yes, he had his reasons indeed. It was exactly the incedent with Muse ruffians that turned him into a psycho.
you're right with the whole "would he be different if the people around him were different" idea. It's the whole Nature vs. Nurture thing. In this case, it was Nurture that caused him to be a psycho, not innate characteristics from Nature.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Nature vs. Nurture
LOL!!!! We've got a first year philosophy student here haha.

Well, to counter your argument......it wasn't Nature and it wasn't Nurture either. This would fall more under Biology vs. Culture or Genes vs. Environment. There is no evidence he was a psycho kid, which he would have to be if it was Nature, and it wasn't really Nurture, because the ruffians didn't exaclly "nurture" him, but they did affect him enviromentaly or culturaly if you will.

Thing is though, the Nurture part would definatelly come in with Agres, as he did squat all for Luca during and after the incident. I doubt his mom would have done anything for the 9 months she had left due to the shock of what happened to her. I'd say she'd be more concerned about her being gang banged and beaten than Luca having to witness it (and possibly sustain minor bruising).
Bakerofish

ehehehe

Post by Bakerofish »

maybe there was a lot of inbreeding going on in the Blight family...
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Black Fang wrote:
Nature vs. Nurture
LOL!!!! We've got a first year philosophy student here haha.

Well, to counter your argument......it wasn't Nature and it wasn't Nurture either.
Actually it's Sociology ;).

Looking back, it may not have been nurture either but it is closely related since his behavior was shaped from the environment around him. "Nurture" doesn't just mean taking care of someone, in this sense it means behaviors that are taught, not innate, and are caused by people and things around you. Don't take Nature vs. Nurture too literal or else it won't make sense.
maybe there was a lot of inbreeding going on in the Blight family...
You may be joking but there is actually truth behind this. Back in the day, royal families would arrange marriages between cousins, second cousins and other close relatives. This led to many kings and monarchs to be messed up in the head.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

nuSeed wrote:Actually it's Sociology :wink:.
Heh, thats something I haven't done yet hehe. Seems on the same tracks though.

"Nurture" is actually just passing on skills for survival through parents and ancestors, as they nurture and teach you what they know for their offspring to survive. Guess Han could also have Nurtured Luca in a way, as he was probably the one to teach him how to fight at a very young age.
nuSeed wrote:You may be joking but there is actually truth behind this. Back in the day, royal families would arrange marriages between cousins, second cousins and other close relatives. This led to many kings and monarchs to be messed up in the head.
Very true here. Thing is it didn't have to be prearranged. Going back as far as ancient Greece and Rome, it was common for a brother to marry or be in love with his sister. If I recall correctlly they even kissed their mothers on the lips (but that was somewhat like a handshake for someone close to you back in those days).

There is a story about a guy killing his father and marrying his mother, but there is no evidence of it being true. (Even though some dumbass psychologists blew this story way out of proportion and anylized it in a complitelly wrong way.....sick bastards).

On a side note, back in the ancient Greek army, it was common that most of the men were gay (well at least just about everyone in the military).