What if Luca Blight had a girlfriend...?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Luca Blight

Post by Luca Blight »

Luca is a pimp character. His personality is interesting because even with death he doesnt show a moment of weakness. Hes a true scumbag to the last breath. Only in suiko will you find characters with so much passion for things like this. Truly one of the aspects that draws me to suikoden!

I doubt he had anything serious going on, he seems like more of the type of character for flings then any long time thing.
Hes so disturbed mentally, that it could never work. Its like vlad dracules wife. Sure there was romance at one point, but when you see impaled people left for public display, you can't expect romance to just 'blossom'.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Luca Blight wrote:Luca is a pimp character. His personality is interesting because even with death he doesnt show a moment of weakness. Hes a true scumbag to the last breath. Only in suiko will you find characters with so much passion for things like this. Truly one of the aspects that draws me to suikoden!
I'd definately agree about him being a tank both physicaly and mentaly, and one hell of a character for a game as great as Suikoden. I personaly believe that he is the reason that Suikoden II surpasses Suikoden I, for me at least. A good hero makes for a fun time in the game; A good villain makes the game.

Thing is even though he was a "scumbag" as you say, he wasn't really all that bad. At least he had motives. As for him being the only character of that sort.....I'd say Sepiroth (FFVII) and Magus (CT) are also up there as far as RPGs are concerned.
Luca Blight wrote:I doubt he had anything serious going on, he seems like more of the type of character for flings then any long time thing.
I really wouldn't be suprised if he never had any relationships with any girl, asides from servants serving him and Lucia working as a general under him (not literally under him). Suikoden though gives us little in sexual references when it comes to the game as it is after all also intended for children. The whole scene of Sarahs rape when Luca was young has been completely toned down. Words like "ravaged" were used as to not make the kiddies cry. We trully cannot say anything about any relationships (Hix and Tengaar, Flik and Nina, Ayda and Kinnison, Teressa and Shin, Shu and Apple, Sierra and Klaus, Sheena and any woman, Camus and Miklotov), even when Rina went off screen with the city-state guard, the outcome was left to our imagination. Certianly there is more to this but Konami just didn't want to make a "who did who guide to Suikoden". After all it isn't a game that concentrates around sex, as the story is all about war.

On a side note, someone did Lucia as Hugo was born during this time-period.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

and Lucia working as a general under him
She only took part in the war when Jowy agreed to give some land to her clan.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Are you trying to say that she wasn't there whilst Luca was still alive? Could be, but then again, Leon was there far before his first scene. I'd bet he was the one who contacted Jowy via Kage.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Possibly. But Lucia's sole purpose was a combatant; she wasn't the thinker of the army. And we only heard her refer to King Jowy giving her the land, not Luca.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Nah, I wasn't sayin that. I just said that Leon most likely called her. Not Luca nor Jowy. She does hate Greenhill though and I wouldn't be suprised if she was there whilst Greenhill fell.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

No, but my point is that there was little need not showing her earlier plot wise. If she was there when they originally took Greenhill (if she hated Greenhill so much) she would likely have had her Karayan soldiers surrounding the place for the initial plan; and then she would have been guarding the entrances like she did when Riou came back to Greenhill.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Heh, I still think she wouldn't mind watching them suffer fighting one another but I think you're right about that part as Jowy was only given command of a small regiment.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Yes he did, he chose to only take part of a regiment to prove that he was a worthy general. It was just a plan to earn Luca's trust.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

It is very possible. If you recall in the Sindar ruins, and also in the jail cell (with the spoon), Jowy displays a lot of knowledge and cunning. It wouldn't suprise me if he already knew of the Grasslands. Then again, he had Leon with him at the time so yeah.
Squ

Post by Squ »

I wonder, what if his Luca's mother was killed in an explosion rather than the violation the story refers to. And how about Luca's younger days (when he reached puberty, etc...). If things were a bit different, what would his choice of girl be?
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Well for one, he would have the hatred towards city state that he has now. He would have been devestated but most likely wouldn't have anything pushing him for payback so he might have actually turned out normal (can't believe I said that :shock: ).

If things played out that way he could have easily turned out into quite a playboy and a womenizer.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

I dunno. I'd go for Luca. I do think he does look charming (there's a pic in the suikogaiden of him that makes him look decent and not so evil). And I go for the 'mama loved him too much'. He is her first born and was probably going to be an only child.

Okay, maybe he would not get a girlfriend during his shortlived blind quest for revenge but is it possible for someone to love him? Especially if that person knew his story and fell in love with the man because at times, he does show some sort of emotion other that anger? She pities him and wishes to be able to see another side of Luca even though the people around her says that it isn't possible.
But this girl doesn't do anything for she does fear him for being violent and crazy towards others (first hand experience?). This girl could feel all the remorse when she realizes that even an ounce of warm feeling towards Luca could have saved him but she didn't because of her fear. If this comes out as a side story or something, I'd be crying my eyes out for sure. :cry:
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!