Jeane's Secret

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Punkaiser

Re: Jeane's Secret

Post by Punkaiser »

I browsed, see that she falls in mysterious group, same as Pesmerga and Raura, it's pesmerga who might give weirder thoughts, otherwise no supernatural element is there.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Double post
Last edited by Aerolithe Lion on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

I have quite a theory:'

Most people attribute Viki to Jeane as being most alike of all the characters throughout the series, implying possibly their origins are related. I think they're portrayed as very good friends simply because they've experienced this star of destiny thing innumerable times together.

However, the character who has the most in common with Jeane isn't Viki. It's Yuber. Jeane is personified as perfection, as is Yuber. Both have been confirmed to be 'posing' as humans, after being something else entirely. While Jeane is attractive, young, pure at heart, offering beneficial service as a storekeeper in the SoD as well as keeping her involvement as simple an uninterfering as possible, Yuber is meddlesome. He's cruel, loathsome, likes to get his hands dirty, and has an otherwise defiling demeanor. She's pure innocence, he's evil.

I think Jeane and Yuber are the sword and the shield, personified. Like two quarreling parents, watching their children go at it. Jeane is a child of dharma, and Yuber is chaos.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Interesting theory. But what about Pesmerga?
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Nikisaur wrote:Interesting theory. But what about Pesmerga?

I think Persmega is unrelated, or at least a lesser being in the circle
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Aerolithe Lion wrote:
Nikisaur wrote:Interesting theory. But what about Pesmerga?

I think Persmega is unrelated, or at least a lesser being in the circle
Pesmerga unrelated to Yuber? Now I've heard it all. :)
PSN: FreshMetal80
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Unless I'm misremembering, Murayama stated years ago that Yuber & Pesmerga's beef could only be settled in the final Suikoden. Which hints at them being some kind of embodiment of Sword & Shield and/or Dharma & Chaos. Of course, with Murayama gone, who knows? We may have already seen the final Suikoden. Let's just hope not, eh?
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

It's the comment everybody has been clinging. Murayama made it clear that Pesmerga and Yuber are related, though it's never been revealed as to why. There's the story that Pesmerga wasn't supposed to be in Suikoden II and there's the fact that Pesmerga wasn't in Suikoden III, but for some reason we can't exclude Pesmerga. Dunno what his beef with Yuber is. For all we know, Yuber stole Pesmerga's biscuits.

As for Jeane, considering she's a Rune Mistress in all the games and even plays a more important role in regards of the Sun Rune, there has to be a relation to her and runes. It cannot be a coincidence that she is always a Rune Mistress. I believe it was mentioned that Jeane doesn't have a True Rune, but I don't know if there's been any other information in regards of her and Runes. To be honest, it's been a while since I last checked on this. She could be an incarnation of a Rune, like the Zodiac Sword/ Star Dragon Sword/ Night Rune, etc.

There's also Eresh, who could be involved in some way. They certainly seem to know each other, at least that's the impression I got when I was reecruiting Eresh.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Piisuke wrote:It's the comment everybody has been clinging. Murayama made it clear that Pesmerga and Yuber are related, though it's never been revealed as to why. There's the story that Pesmerga wasn't supposed to be in Suikoden II and there's the fact that Pesmerga wasn't in Suikoden III, but for some reason we can't exclude Pesmerga. Dunno what his beef with Yuber is. For all we know, Yuber stole Pesmerga's biscuits.

As for Jeane, considering she's a Rune Mistress in all the games and even plays a more important role in regards of the Sun Rune, there has to be a relation to her and runes. It cannot be a coincidence that she is always a Rune Mistress. I believe it was mentioned that Jeane doesn't have a True Rune, but I don't know if there's been any other information in regards of her and Runes. To be honest, it's been a while since I last checked on this. She could be an incarnation of a Rune, like the Zodiac Sword/ Star Dragon Sword/ Night Rune, etc.

There's also Eresh, who could be involved in some way. They certainly seem to know each other, at least that's the impression I got when I was reecruiting Eresh.
Being an embodiment, maybe possible but a rune bearing another rune (Charm Rune) might be a bit redundant? OR she is the bearer of a "TRUE CHARM RUNE"! That's why anyone who is mesmerized by her (even women) see her as a sexy b*tch lol.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Weren't we able to put runes on the SDS though? If he's really the Night Rune (no reason to think otherwise) then I see no problem with Jeane having other runes if she's also an incarnation. I think she'd be more likely an incarnation of the Change Rune though instead of a True Charm Rune. Just my 2 potch.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Why we can put runes on the Star Dragon Sword might be a gameplay mechanic, just for the whole balance thing. He doesn't do too much damage for such stature, anyway. So adding a rune just seemed fair, I guess.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

I'm just kidding about the True Charm Rune thing, that doesn't even exist in the Suikoverse lol.

Well, attaching a rune in SDS is a maybe another overlooked detail by the creators but that would be another issue to address. We are talking about how the True Rune embodiment will have an attached True Rune as well, not another rune like the SDS having a Flame rune or something. We never get to see another embodiment having a rune attached as well as they are the physical representation of the runes themselves.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

I think Yuber, Pasmerga, and Geddoe are brothers. That's why they are so familiar with each other's fighting styles and share the same magic affinity. I'm guessing Geddoe is the eldest son and Yuber the youngest. I have two younger brothers myself so I know all about male sibling rivalry.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Noraibah wrote:I think Yuber, Pasmerga, and Geddoe are brothers. That's why they are so familiar with each other's fighting styles and share the same magic affinity. I'm guessing Geddoe is the eldest son and Yuber the youngest. I have two younger brothers myself so I know all about male sibling rivalry.
So what does Jeane have to do with them? Nah. Just kidding :P

I dunno if this is mentioned before (too lazy to search) but Jeane could be a vampire. No True Rune, stopped aging, beautiful (meh) and light-skinned(?). But the fact that Kuroku can sense something in S3, there might be some appearance-shifting thing going on (which vampires don't usually incorporate). I dunno.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

My former roommate and I had a joke theory (and totally unsubstantiated, by the way) that we still toss around from time to time.

Jeane was a famous Runemistress from the ancient past and her unique style was copied by fangirls throughout the centuries. Her devotees and fans through the ages have dressed like her and taken up Runemastery in emulation of her. Some even change their names and live in the Jeane persona full time. Kinda like a Single White Female thing. Those Jeane impersonators that are born under the same Star as the original Jeane are better at it and end up getting swept up in all kinds of wars and zany adventures.

As for S3 Jeane's secret? Well, Jeane is so fabulous she's not only idolized by fangirls. She is a gay icon and drag queens also try to copy her style and live like her. So S3's Jeane is a man in drag. That's why she wears so much more clothing than any other Jeane before her has (to cover up the bits that would give the secret away). And that's why her face is so distorted in the portrait. Koroku, as a dog, can smell that "Jeane" is really a man (different body chemistry) and "Jeane" wants him to keep her secret.

I know S5 blew this out of the water (not that it was ever serious anyway). Having intimate knowledge of a ruin buried for millennia kinda pokes holes in THAT theory. :)