Jeane's Secret

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Re: Jeane's Secret

Post by Noraibah »

She doesn't have a TR cuz it's stuck on to her FOREHEAD!
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

I know that Konami said that she doesn't have a True Rune but she could have half a True Rune keeping her ageless like Leknaat and Windy.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

If she doesn't have any true rune....then she is probably a ghost like somebody said,but if you bring Jeane in S5,in order to recruit Genoh,he will sense the presence of an old person.....so that means she is alive,like Sierra from S2,who is a vampire....so Jeane might be a vampire????
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

Konami will probably pull the "Jeane's from a new race you never heard of before" card. Either that or she's a demon from the world of nothingness that disguises her true hideous self with the aid of her charm rune. I can't believe this mystery is still going a decade later!
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Vampire isn't the only race who has long life span, but the one sure thing she isn't human, no human has anything called true form LOL. Among all inhuman race, I recall Succubus is known as a demon race which has the highest affinity with something called Charm/Seduction spells and strongly affect opposite gender so my bet is still on this race for Jeane.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

A Succubus? Really? Well, then she did hide her presence well and didn't slaughter all men in the army, because I'm pretty sure Succubi are demons who want to eat human flesh.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

You must have read a really bad story about succubus, i guess. Tales are usually derailed from definition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succubus
In folklore traced back to medieval legend, a succubus (plural succubi) is a female demon or supernatural being appearing in dreams who takes the form of a human woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual intercourse. The male counterpart is the incubus. Religious traditions hold that repeated intercourse with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or even death.
In modern fictional representations, a succubus may or may not appear in dreams and is often depicted as a highly attractive seductress or enchantress; whereas, in the past, succubi were generally depicted as frightening and demonic.
We got Sierra as a vampire, got Bob as werewolf, of course the game has its own way to explain why they didn't need to drink blood or eat human meat bun but it's not same thing from other sources, I mean even if succubi normally do eat human like you think, then when it comes to suikoden, it wouldn't surprise me to see a vegetarien & catholic succubus.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:A Succubus? Really? Well, then she did hide her presence well and didn't slaughter all men in the army, because I'm pretty sure Succubi are demons who want to eat human flesh.

Probably because the creators of the game didn't want to reveal Jeane's true colors yet? :?: :?: :?:
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

But then what would be spectacular about being a Succubus when her only feature would be that she is attractive? (Ok, the human flesh part was wrong, but they live on human life energy and might even cause death.)
So yeah, I think calling her a Succubus is farfetched, especially because in mythology they are somehow related to the concept of a devil and thus evil.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Wikipedia wrote:Not all succubi were malevolent. According to Walter Mapes in De Nugis Curialium (Trifles of Courtiers), Pope Sylvester II (999–1003) was involved with a succubus named Meridiana, who helped him achieve his high rank in the Catholic Church. Before his death, he confessed of his sins and died repentant
I'm not trying to say all succubi are good, but just Jeane turns out to be the special one who doesn't require human energy to survive. Like how Sierra is the special vampire mistress who doesn't care to suck human blood. Then Sierra still joins in the hunt for rampaging zombies and the vampire Neclord, why not possible for a Succubus Queen in human disguise to be a SOD and go punish some outlaw Succubi/Incubi?
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

I like the idea, a lot more then any other theory on Jeane besides maybe her being a Naga. Like Morrigan from Darkstalkers a good Succubus. Konami also have the Succubus from Castlevania Symphony of the Night and it wouldn't be the first time they've rehashed an idea from one of their own series.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Problem is, as far as I know Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was released 1997, Suikoden in 1995.
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

I think we should just all unite and hunt down that hermit, Murayama, until he tells us everything he had imagined for the series and the characters?
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Hirathien wrote:Problem is, as far as I know Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was released 1997, Suikoden in 1995.
The concern about Jeane's age and nature only started to burn up in S3 which was released in 2002. Nothing about Jeane was out of norm in S1 and S2, in the first 2 game she was simply a rune mistress like any other castle shop keepers.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I think you should check Richmonds investigations about Jeane before you say nothing is out of the norm in Suikoden II.