Jeane's Secret

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Re: Jeane's Secret

Post by gilgamesh31 »

:lol: nah she has a true rune remember!
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

You mean she IS a True Rune.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I wonder if Mukumuku can see her in her true form, too, or if it's a special power of Koroku.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Yeah it could be that all animals can see her true form or maybe its like how dogs are supposed to be able to see ghosts. Thats it Jeanes a ghost! Its so obvious now, how comes no one thought of it. Theres no other explaination for it she's clearly a Sindarian ghost. The mysteries finally solved.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Hm actually that doesn't seem to be impossible. That explains her eternal "youth" without a true rune. But well, nothing really hints to that^^
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

makes me wonder...if jeane were playable in suikoden 2, i wonder what siegfried would say if you tried to recruit him using her. =P a sindarian ghost would be cool....
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Maybe the same thing Genoh do when you trying to recruit him with Jeane, just the opposite. Genoh expect old person, but sense old person in a seemingly young person. Sigfried expect young girl, and maybe cofused if he could sense Jeane's age.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

Its kind of obvious that Jeane has a true rune.But what is her hidden rune anyway?The True Witch rune?Oh well.She does creep me out a bit.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Noraibah wrote:Its kind of obvious that Jeane has a true rune.But what is her hidden rune anyway?The True Witch rune?Oh well.She does creep me out a bit.
The game developers said she doesn't have one - but maybe they'll change their opinion.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

Aha.Good point.I think.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

It's been stated endlessly that Jeane doesn't have a True Rune, by fans, developers and even an in-game bath-scene.
There are so many other explenations available.

She could be a group of almost identical clones like Luc and Sasarai.
She could be one of Crowley's many disciples who learned the secret behind rebirth.
Or maybe she's a former True Rune bearer, specifically the Blue Moon Rune. If she was an ancient vampire she'd be able to live much longer, she could use Doppelgangers like Neclord and scatter them over the world. It would also give the dog Koroku reason to be scared of her true vampire-nature.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

I would absolutely love it if jeane was really some ugly, skinny, old dude who uses magic to disguise himself as a beautiful rune-mistress to get costumers. :lol:
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

DoReMi_Vampire wrote:
She could be a group of almost identical clones like Luc and Sasarai.
that would be hilarious and if she was created by someone like Hikusaak it would definitely give an idea of what he's into on the side hahaha
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
Juan

Post by Juan »

Ok. Here is my theory about Jeane and why she didn't age or her age stop. I finished Suikoden Tactics and at the end Cornelia said in her letter (if I remember correctly) that Kyril didn't age or stop from getting old. We know that Kyril have a blood of Yohn which is from a different world that's why he stops aging. So I think that Jeane mother or father came from the word of Yohn lives that's why she stops from aging or getting old. And in Simeon case also when you get the Wizened Arm and Alger Doll and you went to the secret room he said to Cornelia something about his age. Does this mean that one of his parents came from the world of Yohn too? Because he have no True Rune to be immortal.
Pharnabaze

Post by Pharnabaze »

If Suikoden keeps a little track of its chinese tradition (even if it happens in another novel), I would say that she's some kind of "fox demon".
The character of Windy, seducing Barbarossa is based on the main antagonist in "Fengshen Yanyi" (cf. the manga "Hoshin Engi"), Daji. As Suikoden IV has confirmed that she has a unique charm rune and as the other games point out to her immortality (or extremely impressive longevity), I would say that she is a positive character inspired of Daji, or one of her "sisters" : a semi-godess/demon on par with Yuber or Leknaat, who choses to meddle directly, just for fun, in mortal affairs. Deis in Breath of Fire follows this pattern.
In my opinion, Konami is/was wondering how the fans would react if she happened to be a fox-demon, a lute or whatever, and in which way it would affect the "legend" around Jeane and thus the sells... A lot of traditional patterns of the novel have been adapted to the taste of modern audiences. E.g. the teien (?) bandits who drug you in Suikoden I are vicious cannibals in the novel...
It makes sense to me. Does it to you?