Jeane's Secret

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Kaoru

Post by Kaoru »

jeane star is chiketsu star of noble wisdom.
the mean of this star is the ugly warrior
Actually, chiketsu doesn't mean "ugly warrior"--that's just what the Chiketsu counterpart in the Shui Hu Zhuan book must have been called or known as.

Chiketsu = (if you're able to see the kanji:) 地傑

地 (chi) = Earth

傑 (ketsu) = excellence

So yeah, sorry I don't really contribute anything really to the mystery that is Jeanne, but thought I might point that little bit out at least about what her "star meaning" really means

I've noticed that some of the star titles such as Nanami's "Star of Logevity" (天寿) match the second kanji character.
天 = Ten (heaven/sky)
寿 = Long life

But someone such as Luc who is the "star of idleness" (天間) the second charcter in Tenkan is for "space" or "interval"

--then again, perhaps in Chinese that character is actually used to mean "idleness" since even though Japan uses the characters like China, sometimes the meanings are different for the same character. After all, these titles came from the book first right?

^__^

~ Kaoru
Jesai

Post by Jesai »

Im sure this has been alluded to, but couldnt it be the fascination rune that makes all jeanes appear the same. Maybe they take the name Jeane when they inherit the families rune to keep the whole fame of Jeane alive.

In other words she ages normally, but the rune projects the same appearance her whole life. At some point she passes the rune onto her daughter or other relative and they inherit the name Jeane from then on. In addition to this the family seems to be well knowledged about runes, and its not suprising that she happens to show up when a true rune is involved.
HeWhoHuntsDeath

Post by HeWhoHuntsDeath »

If I had to gander a guess I would say that Jeane has some sort of connection to Leknaat and Windy, I don't know why but I do and only because all other theories have been shot down.
Snowe Man

Post by Snowe Man »

what if she goes all psycho when everyone finds out that she is an ugly old wish and turns into one hell of an enemy.
Tenkai star

Post by Tenkai star »

Genrally i think jeane's secret adds mystery and speculation to the game its kind of one of those things where you just have to find out what happens,maybe the whole jeane mystery will be revealed later on but as for now i think its just something to keep things that little bit more interesting in the game's.
Shu Laki

Post by Shu Laki »

Weird...I thought for certain I replied to this thread the other day...

Something I had fun noticing in Suikoden IV (this is not a spoiler by the way).

Take both Jeane and Viki into the baths together. Viki starts talking about how familiar it is, and Jeane tries to shrug it off. When Viki becomes a little more insistant, Jeane announces they should leave the bath before getting all wrinkly and the scene ends.

This again confirms that this Viki has participated in other Suikoden games. More importantly, however, is Jeane's reaction to Viki. If Jeane had never met Viki before (or simply had no memory of her), then she would have been confused by Viki's conversation. However, Jeane abruptly ends the conversation before Viki can remember something Jeane obviously didn't want her to remember.

What do you think this means? If it were simply one Jeane after another in a long line of Jeane's that look alike, then Jeane wouldn't act like she has something to hide. If it were the same soul inhabiting different bodies, then why would Jeane act as she did? She would never had met Viki before. Yet, Jeane was determined to not let Viki remember her.

This suggests to me that either Jeane is a time-traveller as well; exists outside conventional space-time (in such a way where she exists in all times simultaniously--which is why she never ages and why she knows of events/people in reverse-time); is a "human embodiment" of a True Rune.

Jeane may not possess a True Rune, but why cannot she be a True Rune herself? After all, the Star Dragon/Zodiac Sword--a sentient weapon--claims to be the manifestation of the Night Rune. Perhaps Jeane IS the Sindar's Change Rune?

It's a fun thought anyways.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I think you may be on to something with her actually being some sort of magical spirit or maybe even a rune herself. It would be an interesting twist to the story. Maybe that's why she is so fascinating..besides her looks. She seems to draw people to her and the fact that she is always involved in each game is rather peculiar.
BeastRune

Post by BeastRune »

Maybe Jeanne is a dirty, blood devouring vampire. She has a vaguely Sierra-ish look about her. Maybe she seduces the young men of the castle and drains them of their vital fluids. Lol. Horrible double entendre, I should be banned immeadiately
Tal

Crazy Idea

Post by Tal »

I have a theory. Viki and Jeane are very good friends, and what if Viki can teleport people through time as well. What if Jeane has some type of foresight and all-knowing abilities and knows when an important event will happen in the Suikoden World. So whenever Jeane senses a conflict about to arise, her and Viki teleports themselves to that time and place.
xx TOXiC xx

Post by xx TOXiC xx »

Jeane...has a secret? ...No. I would have never of guessed!

If we found out what Jeane's secret was...she wouldn't be mysterious anymore, now would she? Lol. If we found out I don't think she'd be a interesting as she is now. She'd still be my favorite, though! :) But, I would also like to know what her serect is...
xx TOXiC xx

Post by xx TOXiC xx »

Maybe Jeane's secret has something to do with cats. Because on her loading screen three cats follow her...or maybe they're dogs... Any way, whatever they are must be apart of her secret? “TeeHee.”
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

maybe something like what happened with luc in suikoden 3 (became a major part of the story)

maybe if this happened we would find out more about jeane.

whatever the mystery behind jeane is i hope it become a deep and involving story lines. i think most people could agree the jeane has been one of the most mysterious characters of suikoden and i believe that if jeanes story were to be revaled only a major story line could do her justice.
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
Full moon

Post by Full moon »

I've got a new thought. What if Jeane was the last reminant of some demi-human race like the vampires, Lycanthropes, Kobalds, Wingers, etc. What if, like Sierra, she was originally given a true rune to give birth to a new race, but it was taken by lets say the leader of the Cyndar, who went on to found his Empire, which fell and the true rune lay buried beneath the ruins of the Cyndar capitol on another continent. This would explain Jeane's agelessness for the same reason that Sierra is still alive. anyone aprove or disapprove of my theory?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Well, that would be good and all, but once again Konami stated that Jeane's agelessness is not the result of a True Rune. So, no True Rune could be involved in her agelessness..if she in fact does not age. And if she was altered by a True Rune then it would have to have similar powers as the Blue Moon Rune and it would seem a little repetitive to have another True Rune with the same powers.

Also, if she is a creature like a vampire, the Zodiac Sword would have recognized that (because the Night Rune allows for creatures of the night to exist). But, it is possible she may be of a race of beings that are not human and by being a member of this race she can live on without aging.
Full moon

Post by Full moon »

where can i find the exact words in this official statement so i can see for myself that it is no true rune involved and not just no true rune