Jeane's Secret

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
flame_champ

Post by flame_champ »

Star of destiny wrote:wouldnt it be cool if Jeane was one of the future main characters because she had a true rune, id love to be able to play as jeane and discover more about her
That would be boring..going around selling runes all over the place..LOL :lol: but who knows there might hav been an event in jeane's worth playing
Luca Blight

Post by Luca Blight »

I think that Jeane is always the same one. She should have a true rune to back herself from never aging. Hahah, maybe the dudes right and shes Hellion.

"The plot thickens fifteen years later, when she shows up in the Grasslands for the Second Fire Bringer War. After joining the Fire Bringer, she asks Koroku the dog to not tell anybody about her 'true form'. Lilly attempts to find her true rune in the bath, but does not come up with anything. The mystery of Jeane continues, as she is rumored to have shown up in the Island Nations 150 years before the Gate Rune Wars."

Maybe she is a living incarnation of a true rune:?:
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

She doesn't have a True Rune. Konami has said this a long time ago. Subsequently, they also said that her agelessness does not stem from a True Rune either.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Regardless if she has a true rune or not, I doubt she is going to lay it out in the open exactly how old she is or the reason why she has become ageless. there could be an extenuating circumstance such as what is presumed with Viki.

I think whatever reason makes Jeane immortal is going to be kept under lock and key though. Its been a point now for you to never find out a thing about her in any of the games.
weird_name_lah

Post by weird_name_lah »

I don't think Jeane remains the same Jeane from Suikoden I, Suikoden II aside from reading the theory that she is actually Windy, simply because the way they talk.

Jeane from Suikoden I never laughs in eerie manner in Suikoden II. She seems to be mroe serious than the Jeane we saw in Suikoden II who always says "tee hee hee" or something of that sort. I mean people don't change personality like that don't they... This is merely my own opinion though.
LGM

Post by LGM »

I wonder if Jeane's position of Master Rune Trader would have any bearing on her longevity. It does seem to me that having access to so many artificial runes could in some way affect her. She has more contact with different runes than anyone else. You could also theorise that this ability to give people power is almost unearthly. But I guess that theory will be shot down without proof.

Perhaps she could be a spirit? unable to hold a rune herself, but able to pass wisdom and power onto others?
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Jeane is able to attach runes to herself.
eViL bAz

Post by eViL bAz »

I think that Jeane is somehow relationed with the Leader of the Sindar maybe she has the Rune of change and can transform in whatever she wants and thats why she told koroku about she might scared everyone or something like taht dont you think? :P
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

eViL bAz wrote:I think that Jeane is somehow relationed with the Leader of the Sindar maybe she has the Rune of change and can transform in whatever she wants and thats why she told koroku about she might scared everyone or something like taht dont you think? :P
Jeane does not have a true rune its already been established that she does not have one, konami has already stated she does not have one lol.
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
jowy blight

Post by jowy blight »

My friend tell me that he hear snake sound from jeane when she came near nash in suikogaiden.
if this true i could say mybe jeane is sindar.
in suikoden 2 when you go to sindar ruin you fight a snake.
mybe sindars are look like snake
Hash

Post by Hash »

jowy blight wrote:My friend tell me that he hear snake sound from jeane when she came near nash in suikogaiden.
Man... It's not the first time I've been told that either. But some very reliable person at this site has said there's no "snake sound" in Suikogaiden when Jeane appears. Tell your friend to double check it, and then check again.
Viki

Post by Viki »

I don't know if it's a good theory but i think that Jeane doesn't seem to age in every suikoden game because she has some kind of curse. If anyone had watched The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen there's this character that is invincible. I forgot what his name was but his powers were that of a curse. He had this painting of himself when he was young and because of that painting he never changed(became old) and lived more than four hundred years. I think that Jeane has, well the same curse. Oh and if the painting was the destroyed man/women would die.
Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Yeah, that was Dorian Grey. There's a book about him: "The Picture of Dorian Grey" by Oscar Wilde.

Anyways, as much as I hate to say it, I perscribe to the "Multiple Jeanes" Theory.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

Who knows? It could be something as simple, as her and Viki are friends, and end up being 'accidentally' teleported through time and space, or whatnot.

I'm inclined top think that she IS some sort of old witch, and that's why she's the hottest. Possibly, she could be the UGLIEST character in Suikoden history. Though that would just suck big gold boar arse.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
suikogod

Post by suikogod »

Jeane is an "old witch", not in terms of being all winrkly and gross. She has been a star of destiny in each suikoden game. Perhaps more will be given near the conclusion of the series or maybe subtle clues can be gathered from each game.

I think she's a good person, wish there was a book or something discussing her in depth. My theory basically is that she bears no true rune but has discovered perhaps a secret technique in which to prolong her life, don't know if it is related to runes or not but she could also be a descendent of an ancient civilization like the sindars. More information might become apparant through games like I mentioned, through interpretation of dialogue, exlporation of ruins, information from books, etc.
I am your GOD! SUIKODEN is your religion. Any questions?