Idle musings on the Suikoden V cover art

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Asquian

Idle musings on the Suikoden V cover art

Post by Asquian »

I was idly studying the Suikoden V cover, seeing which characters made the cut, and realized there were some odd choices for the cover art. Presumably, characters important to the central plot would be the best choices to display, if only to appeal to the general audience.

Sialeeds, George, Frey and Lyon are givens for the foreground, and for the most part the characters climbing the sides make sense, but a couple of choices struck me as odd. Nakula, for one. Kind of a very out of the way character to recruit, and not very central to the game's plot at all, it just seemed odd to include him on the cover. Similarly Isabel seemed another odd choice, a character recruited on the side.and not really pivotal.
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Idle musings on the Suikoden V cover art

Post by patapi »

That's probably because the cover is the middle art of the three artworks they made for the game. Some important characters who do not appear here were featured prominently in the other two, like Kyle and Miakis.
kelvingarinkz

Re: Idle musings on the Suikoden V cover art

Post by kelvingarinkz »

i dont think Konami pays much attention to cover art or which characters appear in which art ... i think they weigh every characters in equal importance

for example, in suikoden tierkries, among the earliest characters to be released on the official japanese website is Mine. she also appears in the official walkthrough cover and ( if im not wrong ) in one of the cover art work.
among the three gunners, she is the one that is the least explored compared to Busche and Geuscht. so why is she everywhere in tierkries artworks ..

i guess that explain the cover in s5
ah, also in s2 if im not wrong, Mukumuku and the 4 brothers and sisters are in the artowkr. alongside Feather, Ayda and Siegfired ( if im not wrong ).

i think the best artwork so far is s4 as the important characters are there, but the positioning are way too simple and boring
kelvin loves suikoden