Flik so easily could have been a villain

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Masamune.

Flik so easily could have been a villain

Post by Masamune. »

If you think about it, Flik could have very easily fallen onto the dark side. He falls in love with, and idolizes, Odessa - dedicating his life, honour, and even the title of his sword to her. Yet she dies sacrificing herself for the Liberation Army. That could have been enough to push him over the edge and even oppose the Liberation Army for taking away the woman he loved, but he was obviously noble enough a man to fight for what he believed in.
JanusThePaladin

Re: Flik so easily could have been a villain

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I disagree. She didnt sacrifice herself for the liberation army, she sacrificed herself to save a little kid that was mysteriously inside the hideout. The more logical move would have been for Flik to snap (ala Luca Blight) and start a heinous bloodbath of murder and devestation. Most likely in the imperial capital.

However, i think his upbringing in the Warrior Village probably controlled his homicidal instincts.
blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

I suppose he could have been a villain, but the liberation army already had one traitor afoot, I suppose having two wouldn't really make for a balanced army.
Azadi

Post by Azadi »

I think Flik continued to fight for the Liberation army because it's what Odessa would have wanted. He had a great deal of respect for her and figured that if she trusted Tir as the new leader, then he should too.
avenger

Post by avenger »

No, Flik won't turn to the evil side. He is great friends with Victor. These two shared soooo many battles and hard times... After S2 these two just go on there merry way.

Yes , I agree that he was upset about Odessa dieing, and he even distrusted the Hero at first. But, It was Victor who helped him recover. and we all know these two men are great friends.

If Flik were to go evil now, well , that would have to depend on Victor going evil also...
There is just no way for that to happen either...
Azadi

Post by Azadi »

Flik and Viktor weren't friends in S1. In fact, Flik blamed Viktor for Odessa's death. He eventually got over it though and him and they became good friends. Probably because they both suffered the lost of someone they cared about. Viktor lost Daisy, his love, when Neclord attacked North Window. He lost all his friends and his entire family too. Him and Barbara were the only survivors.
That being said, I wonder what Flik's family was like? Or if he even had one?
avenger

Post by avenger »

Thanks , I meant to state that but failed.

If the two were to be hired by the evildoers in a future game, then yes they can be evil.
Other then that, I just don't see them turning evil.
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

Azadi wrote:Flik and Viktor weren't friends in S1. In fact, Flik blamed Viktor for Odessa's death. He eventually got over it though and him and they became good friends. Probably because they both suffered the lost of someone they cared about. Viktor lost Daisy, his love, when Neclord attacked North Window. He lost all his friends and his entire family too. Him and Barbara were the only survivors.
That being said, I wonder what Flik's family was like? Or if he even had one?

Flik blamed Viktor because Viktor said he would look after Odessa while Odessa was with them on the fire spear/Mt. Tigerwolf/Saradi trip...she died when they returned...
MAD 01-08-2004
Azadi

Post by Azadi »

I know. But that wasn't the topic here. The topic was if Flik could have been a villain despite what happened. I wasn't going to get sidetracked by explaining why Flik blamed Viktor for Odessa's death. Odessa would have gone if Viktor was there or not. When people are grieving they get angry, and oftentimes they'll direct their angry at someone else.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Well, the only real "villain"-possibility I could see is that he could have split the Liberation Army into two: One group around Tir and Mathiu, and one group around Flik. This could have been pretty interesting.
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

I dont think would have had the man power or resources to build his own army.

and like previously stated, Flik was loyal to Odessa and would have never turned his back on something she believed in whole-heartedly.
MAD 01-08-2004
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Matthew McDohl wrote:I dont think would have had the man power or resources to build his own army.

and like previously stated, Flik was loyal to Odessa and would have never turned his back on something she believed in whole-heartedly.
Well, maybe he could have drawn a lot of the old Liberation-Army on his side, especially Sanchez could have plotted something and spread rumours etc. Well, of course it didn't happen, but I can definiteley see the possibility.
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

Antimatzist wrote:
Matthew McDohl wrote:I dont think would have had the man power or resources to build his own army.

Well, maybe he could have drawn a lot of the old Liberation-Army on his side, especially Sanchez could have plotted something and spread rumours etc. Well, of course it didn't happen, but I can definiteley see the possibility.

Yeah, but remember Sanchez was bad. I could see it, but at the time it just doesnt fit the description.
I dont see Flik fighting for the Imperials at all...If I saw anything from Flik other than what he actually did, it would have to be him just up and leaving SME and going somewhere else...haha
MAD 01-08-2004
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Matthew McDohl wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:

Yeah, but remember Sanchez was bad. I could see it, but at the time it just doesnt fit the description.
I dont see Flik fighting for the Imperials at all...If I saw anything from Flik other than what he actually did, it would have to be him just up and leaving SME and going somewhere else...haha
Oh, then it's a misunderstanding; I didn't mean that Flik would switch sides and join the SME, but rather do his own rebel-group with him as a leader, fighting against the SME but being a rival of the liberation army.
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

Antimatzist wrote: Oh, then it's a misunderstanding; I didn't mean that Flik would switch sides and join the SME, but rather do his own rebel-group with him as a leader, fighting against the SME but being a rival of the liberation army.

Gotcha. I figured you were either talking about that or joining SME...

After thinking about it, I think it would have been cool to have to Duel Flik(like in S2) or battle him to get him join...much like the other generals.
MAD 01-08-2004