Gremio's Resurrection

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Mio
Banned User

Re: Gremio's Resurrection

Post by Mio »

well if it doesn't eat souls

maybe it just swallow but doesn't digest?

ehh semantics

is it a bullemic rune?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well considering how McDohl grew more powerful as his close ones died, i would think the bearer actually stores souls (but only close people) so that he/she is more effective at using "soul magic"
also Soul Eater might be similar to the Gate Rune by transporting souls to a "world of the dead" (look at the Hell spell in Suikoden I, although they completely changed the functionality for Ted in Suikoden IV where he absorbed opponents' life force), so it could be this "world" that the Gate Rune reached into and pulled him out.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Well you can obviously believe whatever you want but when the creator of the game says that it's this way you're gonna have a hell of a time convincing me it's not.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

I dont think the rune saved Jawy's life. If I remember he only had half of the rune.
Jowy having the Sword & Riou having the Shield.
I guess the rune says alot being part of the sword & shield.
I know Jowy used alot of the runes power to keep the beast rune from going out of control. Enough where he was losing alot of stamina.
Probally another reason why the beast rune had to be tamed.
Mio wrote:i don't think so...

i don't think each True Rune have the power to ressurect people

you see, the gate rune had the power to travel through dimensions

i think it transported Gremio back into life

as for Lyon

Leknaat said that the Sun rune could be a destructive force but can also be a nourishing warmth that fosters mercy

and that the Twilight and Daw rune determine which power it manifests

i think this mercy and nourishing property is what spared Lyon her death

the rune of beginning also spared Jowy right?
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

Leknaat clearly said that the power of the rune of beginning only appears when the two runes fights

after their duel, Riou and Jowy's body were glowing

and Jowy was miraculously recovering his health

i do believe that's the power of the rune of beginning

the power that riou and jowy unlocked

the power to give new beginnings...

on a side note, i hate reading Aculias' posts

just being honest
kte03

Post by kte03 »

Yeah uh... I'm pretty sure Leknaat pulled Gremio out of the part where he was about to be eaten by the spores. If I'm not mistaken, they needed the presence of the 107 SoD right? And when that happened, Gremio magically appears.. BUT you catch him saying how he wishes he could have been a better guardian to Tir then suddenly, he's in shock how everyone's just staring at him.

It's quite a funny scene but also a touching one at that. Also, Leknaat mentioned that it could only be done once. But, I still don't think the Soul Eater had anything to do with it =/
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Well she's got the Gate Rune and the soul eater and 108 stars of destiny...and when you open the door all you find are gremio's axe and maybe his cloak right? So...could easily have just teleported him from the past.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
StalkerPizza

Post by StalkerPizza »

I thought that the game stated that she brought him from the past, right before he died.
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom
-Nyx Avatar from Persona 3-
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

If the game stated that, then I was right.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

whether she pulled him from the past, or brought him back by some other means we may never know. Nevertheless, the souleater may not have been involved in that part of Gremio's return, but it still has connection with him. i base this on the conclusion that after you win the final battle as Windy tries to take the rune from you, you see the four souls, Gremio being one of them, attack windy. So apparently The Rune still has some connection to him, alive or not.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Jeremiah Ecks

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

I think that the inclination is that Gremio is actually pulled through time - let's face it, we're not quite sure exactly how the Gate Rune works, surely? - and that the appearance of Gremio in his green cloak, and in the Soul Eater-scape are merely plot bloopers that weren't resolved as Konami decided to throw in Gremio's resurrection as a 'bonus' for properly completing the game.

But let's not forget that the Liberation Army had possession of more True Runes than any other army in history - The Soul Eater, the Star Dragon Sword, the Dragon Rune, True Wind Rune and one half of the Gate Rune. That's not including the powers of Viki and Jeane.

So in other words, resurrecting a guy with that much power behind them isn't much, let's face it. My personal belief is that Gremio doesn't actually die, but that Leknaat skims him up through time. Whatever landscape he finds himself in in the Saturn Version is maybe limbo, but it's not the Soul Eater per se.

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who asks whether the PSP version includes that scene.
"Everything is something, but nothing is everything."
WichitaQ

Post by WichitaQ »

well, gremio is always with tir, right?

so, maybe they just revived his body and his soul is still with tir and the soul eater? after all, he's ALWAYS near him later on...

that would explain why gremio's soul is inside the soul eater at the end of the game.
Jeremiah Ecks

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

So you think his body is the only thing that is resurrected and his mind is transported into a new body? Fair enough, except that Gremio's soul appears in the Soul Eater at the end of the game, along with Teo, Odessa and Ted. So do you think the Soul Eater 'clones' Gremio's soul and puts it into a new body? Thus creating essentially a new life? Therefore, the original Gremio is never resurrected but a new one sharing his memories and personality is created instead?

Because that is interesting and could cause a totally different spin on the situation if the 'original' Gremio is actually still dead and the one running around in SII isn't the one from SI!

I still like my time travel theory, though, despite the plot holes, and the illusion in the Soul Eater at the end is merely the after-shadow of Gremio's now non-existent presence in the Soul Eater.

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who has actually always been bothered by Gremio's resurrection and wishes he stayed dead... But can't help but play for that ending each time. :?
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

Its gremio from another time basically.

Tir's gremio died and his soul got absorbed by the soul eater.

She used the 108's power since victor or who ever is saying someone is missing.

She uses this power and her own gate rune to bring him from the past.

So in the timeline he came from, Tir and co still think he died but technically he is being saved each time before hes eated.
me > world
Jeremiah Ecks

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

And then we get into alternate reality syndrome and my head hurts.

Whibbly-wobbly timey-whiney, for those who know what I mean.

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who thinks Leknaat made a deal with Mephisto to take away her marriage to Yuber and resultantly, Gremio is alive after hiding in Europe. Heh.