The Maiden, the mother and the crone

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Iku

The Maiden, the mother and the crone

Post by Iku »

hey, guys not really on as much as id like to be due to restraints on time caused by uni, but i just read the book, Wyrd Sisters, and noted something paptai (sorry the moderator with the chibi sierra avatar) said, he refered to the three recurring women is suikoden as the three witches. In literature people often argue that women are portrayed in three ways, the maiden, the mother and the crone, and any other characters are combinations of these stereotypes, it got me thinking if we were to apply these to jeane viki and leknaat, well maiden is quite obvoiusly Viki being kinda cute innocent and generally being a wonderful pure human being, well then theres the mother which is a position id give to Leknaat, not just because she refers to luc as her son but also the fact she looks after and nurtures the tenkai in every game aswell looking after the balence in general. This ofcourse leaves jeane with the position of crone, which if all the "jeane is an old lady" theories are to be believed isn much of a stretch, but not only that, the crone is said to be the wised of the three, im not really sure if we could say jeane was wiser then Leknaat but to be honest we know so little aabout her its very much a possibility. Conversally jeane could represent the mother because the mother doesnt just represent love and stability she also stands for sexuality and power. Its said that in the triple goddess theory that they all represent aspects of the same being and the more i think about it leknaat could easily be all three....
Not sure if this is gonna create any discussion or anything and its probably already been discussed til the cows come home but you know find little things like this rather interesting
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax