Blight Family Legacy

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Reinbach_III

Blight Family Legacy

Post by Reinbach_III »

http://www.suikosource.com/history/legacies/blight.php
Maroux was a noble within the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia, but he quenched a rebellion and was granted his own land in return. He was also given the Beast Rune from High Priest Sasarai, which has been passed on through the Blight Family.
Agares was king by the time Sasarai was born, so I guess that should be Hikusaak.

Edit: Have been playing Suikoden II a lot at the moment. The info seems to have come from Luc. His exact words are;
"Yes, I heard it was passed down from High Priest Sasarai to the Blight Clan when Highland divided from the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia"

I still don't see how that would work though unless Sasarai was either born much, much earlier than IS 444 or has been time traveling for some reason.
"Me, sir? I'm just a poor jujube vendor, with hungry kids waiting at home..." Scholtenheim Reinbach III
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Blight Family Legacy

Post by KFCrispy »

yes this mystery has been discussed, leading to people believing there have been 2 Sasarais or something.
Author

Post by Author »

KFCrispy wrote:yes this mystery has been discussed, leading to people believing there have been 2 Sasarais or something.
That's rather...too much already, and even sharing the same name? Maybe he was born much earlier. Is there a chance they just made an error?
Reinbach_III

Post by Reinbach_III »

In Suikoden III, it's stated that Luc and Sasarai were created for the purpose of holding true runes. It's possible that in the event of a homunculus getting killed, Harmonia makes a new one and gives it the same name.
"Me, sir? I'm just a poor jujube vendor, with hungry kids waiting at home..." Scholtenheim Reinbach III