IS Viki have a True Blinking Rune?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
snakebite105

Re: IS Viki have a True Blinking Rune?

Post by snakebite105 »

Holywhippet wrote:I was thinking that, despite the evidence of their sizes, small Viki might be the older version. When she appears in front of the flame champion in the third game she knows exactly where she is, what date it is and who the FC is. That last bit is especially odd, at that moment in time not many people knew who the new FC was. But small Viki knows them on sight. Either small Viki is from or has been to the future and has studied the history of the FC enough to know them on sight, or small Viki is the older incarnation of Viki who has managed to get her brain unscrambled and remembers the FC because she met them when she was younger.

Certainly small Viki acts a lot more mature than the larger version. She isn't even surprised to meet the larger version. Assuming she doesn't have the power to forsee the future, she shouldn't have been expecting to be pulled through of time and space to meet herself. Her calm demenour suggests to me that she recalls her past self and realises there is nothing that she can do about it without messing things up.

The main clue I see is the blinking mirror. In the first two games, Viki doesn't give it to you because she doesn't own it yet. In the third game small Viki gives it to you, but in the fourth and fifth games big Viki always has it with her. To me that suggests that she starts taking it with her after the third game (assuming her personal chronology roughly matches up with the games). Thus the small, future Viki still has it with her.
On that theory that little viki may be older. You could also consider a more plausable reason in that because they can time travel as well as teleport she probably just knows history in general including her own.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Konami never says that Viki doesnt have a true rune, only says that her rune is not a true rune. So the only fact we get is Blinking Rune is not a true rune.

Konami did says that Jeane doesnt have a true rune.

Every TR bearer, when she/he get the rune in infacy/before puberty, can still growing up until they reach the puberty (i guess, because luc and sasarai who got the rune since created look like a teenage). And they are actually aged. Luc s2=18 yo - Luc s3=33 yo. Ted is 300 yo. Etc. They just dont get old physically.

While Viki doest age at all. S2 Viki=16 yo, S3 Viki=16 yo, S4 Viki=16 yo and S5 Viki=1 yo.

While S2 take atleats one year. S4 i believe to be lasted more than a year. Dont mention S1 which lasted for 5 years.

That the fact i know. The summary is ...

Viki has The Rune of Space & Time, which make her stop aging. But its only a theory. :) And dont ask me about little Viki, i really dont have theory about her. Actually i believe its better if she doesnt exist. Stupid Konami make her. :lol:
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

This thread is a thread I posted awhile back presenting a theory on the origin of the Blinking rune (no matter who has it; whether you find it in Rokakku, or Viki bears it). On the second page someone says that Viki should be 7-8 years older than 16 by the end of S5 (assuming that she has traveled from S1->2->3->4->5). I responded with the following:
myself wrote:It doesn't matter how many years S1 took place because we don't know how old she was in S1 because there is no detective to tell us (-3 years). She's 16 in Suikoden 2, so that's our starting point. As Jack pointed out, S2 takes no more than a year, so she could possibly be 17 at the end of S2. However, she enters about halfway through the war, so she may be less than 17. In S3 she joins in chapter 4. The game doesn't last a whole lot longer after that, so I'd guess that she's not around for more than 6 months. Just a guess, but I think a pretty good one. This means that she's 17 at the end of S3 as she teleports to the Island Nations. Obel falls to Kooluk in 304 and that's the first time you can recruit Viki. The Punishment Rune War is over in 307, so Viki would be 20 when she teleports to Falena. We don't know how long she was in Falena, but probably not much more than a year, which would make her 21.

Now in my opinion, it wouldn't be far-fetched for a 21 year old to look almost the same as when they were 16 years old. I also just checked out my old file of S5. Unlike S2 which has 4 investigations, the first one being age and basic info, S5 does not have the first investigation that tells you how old the character is at that point.

In review:
S1 doesn't tell us how old she is.
S2 tells us she's 16
S3 may tell us how old she is (I'm not playing it right now, but I couldn't find an age listing on any FAQs for Kidd's investigations), but it doesn't really matter, because she could still be 16.
S4 doesn't have investigations, so it doesn't tell us how old she is
S5 doesn't tell us how old she is

Bottom line, she could be aging, and no one in the games has commented on it. If she has aged, we're only talking about 5 years. Not that much difference in young adults over a five year period.
Therefore, your comment: "While Viki doest age at all. S2 Viki=16 yo, S3 Viki=16 yo, S4 Viki=16 yo and S5 Viki=1 yo." I don't think you can back that up. Nobody argued with my math, so either I convinced people, or people left (one member in the discussion has been banned), or no one really cares. No matter; anyone is free to disagree here or in the other thread. Only, please, provide some evidence. I feel I have done some good research.

I'll say it again. A 21 year old Viki probably doesn't look that much different from a 16 year old Viki. Therefore, she doesn't have any True Rune.
Nlelith

Post by Nlelith »

1stly, people do age to a certain point with a true rune. Ted got the Soul Eater as a little kid and is now pretty much an adult. He may look young but that's the point.. true runes take the negative aspects of aging away, i.e. getting weak and frail.

As for Viki and the true blinking rune... i don't think so. She might be way more capable than anyone else with it a blinking rune, but maybe it's just because she was born with one just like Stallion was born with his godspeed rune? That's why Stallion's faster than whoever else has a holy rune. Maybe being born with a rune make's you more capable with it because you grew up with it and therefor it became as simple to use as your own hands and feet? And maybe Viki is just clumsy?

Also a true blinking rune would be rather boring, don't you think? It has nothing special to offer. All you need to teleport is good magic. Windy, Luc, Yuber, Albert and Sarah could all teleport without even a blinking rune. And as for Viki's time travel.. well the Star Dragon Sword could time travel so if the Night rune could also time travel it would make the true blinking rune rather unspecial.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

so true runes and aging. some points to be made

aging could be several things, it could be all aspects of growing older including puberty, the growing of hair and nails, and the eventually degradation of the body cellular structure and then death. a true rune appears to only stop the last two, which would mean that it would have different effects depending on when it was attached to a person.

Geddoe for example didn't get his true lightning rune until he was already middle aged and he body was starting to decline, which the rune stopped, possibly even regenerating some of his cellular structure(Luc mentions when he takes Geddoe's Rune that his long term contact with the rune meant he wasn't going to die quickly as if his body suddenly went through 100 years of aging all at once.)

Luc and Sasarai both were effectively born with their runes, but they too did age through the point of puberty and seem to have stopped at somewhere around 21ish(male puberty generally ends sometime in one's early twenties), but there is no evidence that they had aged beyond that. that their character portraits changed slightly over games is more likely a reflection of different artists, than of the character's age. another misleading clue would be when sasarai claims that hugo doesn't look old enough to be the flame champion, whilst sasarai does, but keep in mind that the flame champion picked up his rune in his twenties, which does make sasarai roughly the right age, since men don't change that dramatically after puberty. whilst hugo is clearly still a tween.

Ted would seem to age in the same manner that luc and sasarai did, although, it is possible that he aged naturally while he was on the fog ship, although i thought i remembered that time stood still there. Ted is unusual though in that most true rune users seem to mentally mature, even though they stay the same physical age(Jimba was noted for having the habits of an old man) Ted however, never seems to mature all that much in his 300 years. I thought at first it might be because he got the rune as a child, but so did sasarai and luc, and they both matured fairly normally.

on the original subject of viki. It's unclear whether she has a true rune. I'd place more interest into her homeland, which we only ever briefly hear about. she may very well not be from the same world that everyone else is, in a similar manner that dragons are all from their own world. or it could be some kind of rune based community like the blue moon village, except with a true blinking rune. such a place would be able to explain viki's lack of obvious aging, as well as the appearance of young viki( a community that does that much teleportation is bound to be full of paradoxes)