IS Viki have a True Blinking Rune?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Alhazzad

IS Viki have a True Blinking Rune?

Post by Alhazzad »

I think Viki didn't yet have true blinking rune but viki only have her ability using blinking rune.Why?logically if one person can make a dimention of time ,she will never been aged.I say that viki just move into any dimention of time that she likes.that's the reason why viki never old.I saw Viki(small) in S3 that makes me figure something .Viki loves to travel around the dimention lines of time that makes she appeared in all suikoden series.That's the reason why viki never aged .Well if you think someone have a true rune will have immortality maybe it is true.Viki's Rune Is special .we still don't know it is a true rune or not.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: IS Viki have a True Blinking Rune?

Post by KFCrispy »

Viki ages from game to game, but she doesn't get 15 years from Suikoden II to III or anything because she simply teleports from the celebration of one game's war to the middle of the war in the next game.
vanyelvor

Post by vanyelvor »

Thats True. But what happens when little viki comes in and well is smarter then big viki? thats show that she can age if she had a true rune she would always be the little viki
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Not neccesarily, Ted, Luc, and apparently Sasarai all aged even though they are in posession of a true rune.

As for Viki's possession of a true rune or not its still up in the air, but i for one vote for it.
lechaflan

Post by lechaflan »

not sure what to think about it. unless we know about where viki's from and her training with the blinking rune, we can't really say much. i like to think that sometime between her little viki and main viki ages, something allowed her to be the ditzy-seeming girl we come to know and love. i personally don't think she has a true rune.
dkid1574

Post by dkid1574 »

JanusThePaladin wrote:Not neccesarily, Ted, Luc, and apparently Sasarai all aged even though they are in posession of a true rune.

As for Viki's possession of a true rune or not its still up in the air, but i for one vote for it.
How can you tell that ted, luc, and sasarai aged after obtaining their TR?

It was officially announced that Viki doesnt have a TR. The proof of this was when the younger viki meet the older viki.

As why or how the yourger viki was smarter than the older viki. I think that viki used her blinking rune twice in her lifetime. 1 While she was younger and the other when she got a bit older. The younger viki mustve become smarter because she might have had traveled in diffirent time where she learned more knowledge than the older... Or the older viki suffered brain damage due to time travel.. Either one, I still think that Viki used her blinking abilities twice in her real lifetime.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Konami's never really said anything about substantial about Viki. [Little] Viki confuses things even further.

Luc looks a lot different from 1 to 2 to 3. He's had the True Wind Rune since "birth," and yet he's aged.
dkid1574

Post by dkid1574 »

^ I dont remember the part where Luc has the true rune attach since birth. Can you post that part?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

He was created specifically to hold the True Wind Rune, along with Sasarai for the True Earth Rune.
dkid1574

Post by dkid1574 »

OK, now I remember. He and Sasarai were clones created to act as vessels for the true runes. It never mentioned they age though. You should also know that fantasy/games/comic clones are born in containers, very diffirent from real life cloning. Again Luc nor Sasarai didn't seem to have aged.
mumbay

Post by mumbay »

isn't it also stated that someone who recieved a true rune while they did not hit they're teenage years/ or moved into adulthood that they continue to age until a certain point.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

Geddo and Jimba didn't age, theys till looked fugly...

about Viki and small Viki

it seemed more plausible that Viki had some head trauma, that's why she seemed a little less coherent than the small Viki

or, they could be two different people, that'd explain the two different personality

that's my initial conclusion when i recruited the small Viki

i thought, hey, they both could've come from a tribe where everyone looks alike and all are named Viki and bears blinking runes

cloning is nothing new to the game, so to me that sounded believable
Holywhippet

Post by Holywhippet »

I was thinking that, despite the evidence of their sizes, small Viki might be the older version. When she appears in front of the flame champion in the third game she knows exactly where she is, what date it is and who the FC is. That last bit is especially odd, at that moment in time not many people knew who the new FC was. But small Viki knows them on sight. Either small Viki is from or has been to the future and has studied the history of the FC enough to know them on sight, or small Viki is the older incarnation of Viki who has managed to get her brain unscrambled and remembers the FC because she met them when she was younger.

Certainly small Viki acts a lot more mature than the larger version. She isn't even surprised to meet the larger version. Assuming she doesn't have the power to forsee the future, she shouldn't have been expecting to be pulled through of time and space to meet herself. Her calm demenour suggests to me that she recalls her past self and realises there is nothing that she can do about it without messing things up.

The main clue I see is the blinking mirror. In the first two games, Viki doesn't give it to you because she doesn't own it yet. In the third game small Viki gives it to you, but in the fourth and fifth games big Viki always has it with her. To me that suggests that she starts taking it with her after the third game (assuming her personal chronology roughly matches up with the games). Thus the small, future Viki still has it with her.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

My thoughts on Viki are she's a total idiot that somehow came into possession of the blinking rune (true or not) and can't control it's power. It draws her to every gathering of 108 stars throughout history then whenever the gathering is complete she jumps to the next place she needs to be. Either the jumps make her a ditzy idiot, or she just was to begin with...either way doesn't matter much.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
Homac

Post by Homac »

As for whether or not she has a True Rune, I don't know. I'm inclined to think not, but I'm not dead set on that.

As for why little Viki is smarter than big Viki, I think that maybe sometime prior to the first game, big Viki and little Viki switched brains, due to some teleportation mishap. That would explain why the big version is so ditzy and the small version is so smart.