Highland finances

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Blubberer

Highland finances

Post by Blubberer »

Hey, I'm a newbie here, so I'm kinda nervous. Hope I posted this question in the right place. Anyway, I was just thinking: How did Highland finance their war against the City-States? Sajah and Kyaro were the only territories they had that were mentioned in-game. I think Harmonian financial and military aid is not enough too(Sasarai and his men were the only things mentioned in the game that came from Harmonia to help Highland)...
thcrock
Global Admin

Re: Highland finances

Post by thcrock »

First of all, just because we don't see many Highland territories ingame doesn't mean they don't exist. There's likely many small towns peppered across Highland.

Judging by how they governed their people (and their militaristic tendencies), I would imagine that they got money for the invasion by heavily taxing and conscripting the populace.
Blubberer

Re: Highland finances

Post by Blubberer »

Hey, thanks for the answer.. That's what I thought too.. Additionally, Highland might have a very rich industry too, like mining, because they're surrounded by mountains.