Journeyman Crystal

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Quing

Journeyman Crystal

Post by Quing »

So, what is the Journeyman crystal? I had always simply assumed that it was simply a necessary tool for the gameplay of Suikoden. Then, as I considered, it occurred to me that perhaps the journeyman crystals scattered throughout the world are runes, considering that in almost every other use of the word "crystal" in Suikoden it is referring to rune crystals. Has anyone from Konami said owt about this? Am I simply reading too far into gameplay mechanics? Does anyone know anything?
Chris_Lightfellow

Re: Journeyman Crystal

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I think they're there simply for you to save your game, nothing more.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It's the crystal you used to save your games, apart from writing them into the guestbooks at Inns scattered around the world.

It's Konami attempt at explaining "saving your games" mechanism in RPGs. Not exactly too convincing, is it?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it makes as much sense as Memory Parrots for the Wild Arms series. They're really just there so you can save.
SheenaTheWomanizer

Post by SheenaTheWomanizer »

Ha they should make them have the power to attract powerful monsters and things. Thats why there is always one right before a boss. Ok lame but I found it funny...
Quing

Post by Quing »

Ah, man! There go all my hopes and dreams. I can't say I'm too surprised, though. I had hoped that perhaps the ability of the Suikoden people to make things that made sense extended to saving. Alas...

And as a side note, the memory birds did too make sense! You could even bomb them! If that doesn't give support for their purpose in life, I don't know what would.