starrune

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Zathier

starrune

Post by Zathier »

is thestar rune a true rune or a shard of the sun/night rune.if anyone knows plz telll me plz :D
Chaco

Re: starrune

Post by Chaco »

is thestar rune a true rune or a shard of the sun/night rune.if anyone knows plz telll me plz
My understanding is that it's a shard of the Night Rune or Sun RUne not sure which. :?
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Star Rune given to Zerase by Night Rune, whom Zerase said is her father.

Star Rune is not a true rune nor shard of a rune (like Dawn or Twilight) . Its a child rune of Night Rune. But it was a unique rune (only one in entire Suikoverse).
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Black knight overlord

Post by Black knight overlord »

when did she say the star rune is he father I missed that, and how could a rune give birth to a person, is she even human?
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Black knight overlord wrote:when did she say the star rune is he father I missed that, and how could a rune give birth to a person, is she even human?
She was referring to the Night Rune as her father, but I don't think she meant it literally.
PSN: FreshMetal80
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

umm.... that was never mentioned. the only thing she says regarding the Night Rune is pretty much "I wish I still had the Night Rune, then I could really kick your butt".
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Night rune?

Moon rune?

wait. . .

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Ifreet

Post by Ifreet »

Although there's no official word whether her Star Rune is True or not we can only speculate since there is a Dawn and Twilight rune (which aren't true runes) that came from the Sun rune then there must be a piece that came from the NIght rune, hence the Star Rune. :idea:
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

What about the Moon Rune? Maybe it comes from that? :?:

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Ifreet

Post by Ifreet »

well supposedly the Blue Moon Roon is it's own separate entity but IF it were true that it originally derived from the Night Rune then that would open up speculation whether the Beast Rune also derives from the same rune, the Night Rune. Man, that sounds so complicated...

I speculate that somehow these 3 runes are intertwined... :?:
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

No idea what you're babbling about, but the Moon Rune is a true rune, it doesn't come from any other true rune really. The Moon Rune has completely different powers than the Night Rune... both runes have pretty unknown powers, but from what we've seen, the Moon Rune support "creatures of the night" like vampires and zombies, while the Night Rune can destroy them (especially because it's in the form of the Star Dragon Sword).
Suikoden V hints that Zerase and the Star Rune are related Night Rune, although Zerase was probably using the Night Rune at some point (so should could have been considered its "master" at some point) and she was probably left with the Star Rune after the Night Rune separated from Zerase.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Suikoden V hints that Zerase and the Star Rune are related Night Rune, although Zerase was probably using the Night Rune at some point (so should could have been considered its "master" at some point) and she was probably left with the Star Rune after the Night Rune separated from Zerase

So is the Star rune a true rune or is it a child rune of the Night Rune? That is the big question here.
well supposedly the Blue Moon Roon is it's own separate entity but IF it were true that it originally derived from the Night Rune then that would open up speculation whether the Beast Rune also derives from the same rune, the Night Rune. Man, that sounds so complicated...

I speculate that somehow these 3 runes are intertwined...
The Blue Moon Rune IS a true rune. It isn't a rune that came from another or whatever, it is a true rune 100%. Also the Beast Rune is a true rune that was given to Highland as a gift from Harmonia. It has nothing to do with the Night rune, which is a true rune of it's own. The Zodiac sword (Star Dragon Sword) is the Night Rune, so the sword itself is a true rune.
-Chaco
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Chaco wrote:
Suikoden V hints that Zerase and the Star Rune are related Night Rune, although Zerase was probably using the Night Rune at some point (so should could have been considered its "master" at some point) and she was probably left with the Star Rune after the Night Rune separated from Zerase

So is the Star rune a true rune or is it a child rune of the Night Rune? That is the big question here.
And that's a question that won't be answered for some time. There is no official word about its status.

Previously it was thought that Resurrection Rune (or, more accurately translated, Exorcism Rune) to be the child rune for Night Rune due to its similar properties in banishing the undead, like the Star Dragon Sword. Star Rune's properties are clearly nothing like that.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Chaco wrote:
The Zodiac sword (Star Dragon Sword) is the Night Rune, so the sword itself is a true rune.
Is the Zodiac sword itself a the rune, or is the night rune imbedded within it?

I would think that though the Night and Moon runes are different runes, they do share similar properties, and i would find it completely possible that they can be used in conjunction with one another. Like a combo with a Rage and Thunder rune.

If you accept the above hypothesis to be correct, then the Star Rune may be an off shoot of the Moon Rune, rather than the Night Rune. As the Night Rune has been stated to allow the existence of creatures of the night, and from my recollection the Star Rune has no connection to that, i find it possible it may be an off beat of the Moon Rune. The way i see the Moon rune is not as a Rune specifically connected with Dark Creatures, but a Rune connected to transformation and desire. This also, to my recollection doesnt quite fit the Star Rune, but i think it is closer to Zerase's character than the Night Rune.

However, i think it was also alluded that Zerase may have been one of Leknaat's students, like Luc or Sarah. Luc has a true rune, so using this idea it is possible that he received it from Leknaat and thus a similar situation could encompass Zerase.

Personally, i think her rune is probably a child rune of the Moon or Night Rune. If it was a true rune, i would think we would have encountered her character in one of the earlier or later storylines that emcompass the Suikoden world.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Is the Zodiac sword itself a the rune, or is the night rune imbedded within it?
I am 90% sure that the Zodiac sword is a true rune.
-Chaco