starrune

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
freshmetal

Re: starrune

Post by freshmetal »

Chaco wrote:
Is the Zodiac sword itself a the rune, or is the night rune imbedded within it?
I am 90% sure that the Zodiac sword is a true rune.
The Zodiac sword is 100% true rune. It is a form that the rune has chosen to take as opposed to the usual 2 dimensional image embedded on the bearer's body. Why it has chosen that incarnation and why it can talk are mysteries.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Black knight overlord

Post by Black knight overlord »

freshmetal wrote:
Chaco wrote:
Is the Zodiac sword itself a the rune, or is the night rune imbedded within it?
I am 90% sure that the Zodiac sword is a true rune.
The Zodiac sword is 100% true rune. It is a form that the rune has chosen to take as opposed to the usual 2 dimensional image embedded on the bearer's body. Why it has chosen that incarnation and why it can talk are mysteries.

It probably just wanted to, I mean, his attitude shows that he wants to be better than the rest, plus he likes to talk a lot, so a talking sword makes perfect sense.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I was thinking, what if the sword used to be a human and the person was turned into a sword because fo the True Rune. That is why Sierra knew him.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I just figured that Sierra was probably involved with the night rune shortly after it split from the sun rune. It makes perfect sense to me that Sierra would be in someway friendly with the one rune that could end her life.

Most likely, i think the Rune has probably always been able to talk, even before it was a sword. After all, how weird would it be for a Rune to just suddenly start talking?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The Question isn't why does the Night Rune talk, but rather why the hell doesn't any other True Rune ever do, or even show that they are sentient beings?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I would think its because it better serves whatever purpose they have set themselves to. Plus, would you rather think you have control over this great power in your life, or that this power has a will of its own and is simply using you? From a psychological standpoint, it makes more sense for the Runes not to speak, as they seem more docile that way, allowing them to go about their business without opposition from their hosts.

THe Zodiac sword has showed not only the sentience of the True Runes but also their ability to work without a host (you had to fight it in s2 remember?). It seems to me that the Zodiac swords ability to talk, better serves its purpose. Especially if someone who shouldnt use it tries to, it can simply bite their hand!