Question about (Blue?) Moon Rune?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
veriaqa

Question about (Blue?) Moon Rune?

Post by veriaqa »

In Suikoden 2, in Tinto/Neclord chapter it was called Moon Rune.

In Suikoden 3, in bonus theater play from Suikoden 2 save game data it was called Moon Rune.

Why here, and another Suikoden fansites, its Blue Moon Rune?
Was it a translation error? Which Suikoden games good at.
But if it was translation error, why Keepers of the Flames didn,t mention it.
Or it was in Suikoden Japanese publication?

Please help me? Moderators?

PS : Maybe we should call Sun Rune as 'Red' Sun Rune?
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Question about (Blue?) Moon Rune?

Post by patapi »

Beats me.

It's supposed to be the Moon Rune of the Blue Moon Village, where Sierra Mikain once lived and led as the Chief.

Sun Rune was never associated with Red, or any other arbitrary colour for that matter, so Sun Rune should be just "Sun Rune". If you are desperate though, "Falenan Sun Rune" might work. Maybe not.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It's referred to as a the "Blue Moon Rune" in a Japanese publication. I'd give the specific title but it escapes me.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

So, Moon Rune or Blue Moon Rune the most correct?

And check me if i am wrong, in Suikoden canon hierarchy the main games above the publications, rights?

Or there is not Suikoden canon hierarchy at all?
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It's not a difficult concept. It's no different from Soul Eater / Rune of Life and Death, it's just another name for it.

Just like you don't say "President of the United States of America George W. Bush" but rather just "President Bush" when it's obvious from context what's being reffered to there's no need to say "Blue Moon Rune" every time as there is no Green, Red, Yellow or Opaque Moon Rune to confuse it with.

And just so you know, Keepers of the Flame is severely lacking in a couple of areas due to the admin being a lazy slack-off, so don't assume that just because it doesn't list something it's not possible for it to be a mistranslation.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

"Blue Moon Rune" is just a variation of the name "Moon Rune". Maybe the original one, which was probably changed from the books to the game story.

It's not a wrong name or a translation error like veriaqa was saying. Maybe some people here or in another fansites got some from the books (Blue Moon Rune) and some from the games (Moon Rune).

I think it's just like that.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

However, unlike Soul Eater, this rune has been consistently referred to simply "Moon Rune" (its true name) in more recent publications. Even the Suikogaiden referred to it as such.
Iku

Post by Iku »

sierra did aswell in s2, which i must admitt kinda through me off a bit! :roll:
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax