Crimson Bird Clan/Crimson Pilgrims

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
MarkSee

Crimson Bird Clan/Crimson Pilgrims

Post by MarkSee »

I was wondering what your opinions are on this group, who are they exactly and what do they do? Obviously they're linked to the Sindar in some way. They presumably praise a phoenix or something based on they're name and Killey's clothes... and the fact he starts Suikoden V with a rage rune, etc.

I'm interested in this 'tree' also. Zweig's ending... "Searches for the location indicated by Killey's "Crimson Pilgrims"
legend, but only finds a single towering tree."
What actually is the crimson pilgrims legend anyway?

Also, do you think this the same tree that can be visited in-game by one of Viki's teleportations? (Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtYIjUGNwMo)

If it is the same tree, I think it is probably south of Gordius or Lordlake, in either Armes or Nagarea, which would suggest the Crimson pilgrims are also situated around this area. Perhaps Killey's crimson bird clan is one of the Armes clans? Your thoughts?
That is all.
Twelve

Re: Crimson Bird Clan/Crimson Pilgrims

Post by Twelve »

When I read about the tree in Zweig's ending, I was quite certain that Killey sent the guy on a wild goose-chase. Juding from his behavior in Suikoden II and V, he's much too possessive of his knowledge to share it, especially with a man like Zweig. How seriously you can take comments from Lorelai and Killey regarding the Sindar (e.g., Lorelai's comment that she's a descendent of the Sindar or something like that)?

But maybe future Suikoden games will prove me wrong.
Black Silver

Post by Black Silver »

MarkSee wrote: If it is the same tree, I think it is probably south of Gordius or Lordlake, in either Armes or Nagarea, which would suggest the Crimson pilgrims are also situated around this area. Perhaps Killey's crimson bird clan is one of the Armes clans? Your thoughts?
Yeah thats possible. I agree with you. But in our German Forum is a Specualtion about that. They means that is in the North of Stormfist! No one can really say where it is!
Admin of Suikoden3.de

don´t punish me. My English is not the best! I hope You will understand!
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

There's a suspicious tree on the world map to the east of Waterfall Basin that you can't interact with. It caught my eye because it kind of stands out all by itself on top of a large hill. Just a thought.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

Long ago Vector mentioned the "Crimson Bird Clan" was situated in the north of Falena.

As for the tree, I have no idea considering that I have played only up to the HQ part. Although, I hope it leads to something important.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

That 'towering tree'......is very.....interesting. But then, mysterious places are best left unmoved until Konami reveals the info.

I hope I get a chance to be teleported there......
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D