The World

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: The World

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

So you're saying if people believe in God, just a little bit. Than they have to believe in creatures based on myth and fantasy?
Yes, as god is a being of myth and fantasy then you'd have to be equally willing to accept the possibility of those creatures as well as Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.
There are really no evidence that such creatures have exists
If you're going to say that absence of proof is proof of absence then the same applies to god.
anything is possible, I agree that the north or south pole can be a sea of lava
And then we're back to chaos = peanut butter again.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Just like it's not been stated anywhere that chaos is chaos so from now on everyone should assume that it's peanutbutter till Konami says otherwise.
go ahead and assume whatever you want, but like i said before, stop trying to say spread it as the "truth" just because it's what you assume. since Konami is the storymaker here, just wait for Konami to explore that topic, otherwise there is nothing to talk about.

let's recap. you're assuming the Suikoden world follows the same rules as Earth, and i'm saying you can't say it's true simply because Konami did not confirm your ideas. that's all.

however, you're also saying that seemingly impossible things can exist in the real world, which justifies Elves in Suikoden and Santa on Earth.... so how does that logic lead you to assume the Suikoverse's properties completely matches the real universe? based on your arguments, it is perfectly plausible that one day Earth's poles are hotter than its equator since anything can happen in our world... and since Suikoden is based on our world that includes limitless possibilities. but going back to your original statement, it's impossible for its poles to be hot?!

also, your argument about cars being considered magic back in the day makes no sense whatsoever. if cars did not exist and someone wrote a book about things similar to cars, it IS considered fantasy from that perspective. since those things DID NOT YET EXIST, the concept imagining it is considered FANTASY or unproven THEORY.
ideas taken directly from existing ideas in our world do not require an explanation in books because society understands it is borrowing the existing, proven concept from the real world already. if it DOES NOT YET EXIST OR THERE IS NO PROOF IT EXISTS (such as theories have have never been proven) in the real world, it is "fantasy".
And then we're back to chaos = peanut butter again.
and again.. you're not writing the Suikoden series so who really cares if you announce "chaos = peanut butter" in Suikoden?

i'm done arguing this with you Raww, respond however you like; we'll let the readers decide.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

otherwise there is nothing to talk about
And yet you spend an awful lot of time talking about it.
however, you're also saying that seemingly impossible things can exist in the real world, which justifies Elves in Suikoden and Santa on Earth....
No I haven't. All I said was that if you believe in one impossible thing then you have to accept the possibility of another impossible thing existing. I've made no statement indicating I accept god or Santa Claus as possible.
it is perfectly plausible that one day Earth's poles are hotter than its equator since anything can happen in our world...
Either you don't know how to read or you're trying your damndest not to. All I've said is that pole and equator have a defined meaning and if Konami uses them they will have to conform to those meanings or the word isn't used properly and as such you'd have to assume that the same applies for all other words, including chaos.
also, your argument about cars being considered magic back in the day makes no sense whatsoever.
Yes it does. It just doesn't fit your statement so you try deny it. But let's make it simple. What you don't understand = supernatural. The things you take for granted would not fit any natural image for someone unfamilair with it, therefor it would be label supernatural which you said is magic. Therefor cars = magic by your definition.
i'm done arguing this with you Raww
You don't have any arguments beyond "It's fantasy".

What you seem incapable or unwilling to accept or understand is that I neither say that the suiko-world has an equator, poles or is even round but that if Konami makes any such statements then it will have to be under the defined definitions of the words or they won't be what the word implies.

And quite frankly your lame attempts at trying to hint that I think I write or live in the suiko-world are laughable and just show what little ground you had to stand on to begin with.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

Actually, as to whether the poles could be hot or cold, it would depend if you're talking about the geographical poles or the magnetic ones. In some cases, such as Uranus, where the planet is essentially tilted on its "side," the poles could be in the place where we normally would think of as the equator.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

Well this is all delightfully irrelevant and tedious and everything, but how about a bit less arguing? I haven't got, y'know, authority or anything, but I think a plea for civilized banter is in order.

Anyway, what does it really matter if the frigign' poles are cold or not? Sure, most of the physics in the Suikoden world appear to be lifted from our own world- gravity keeps people from floating about, people still need to eat and sleep, if someone gets their head cut off they die. And that would suggest cold poles, technically. But let's not forget that Suikoden- in fact, pretty much every fantasy endeavour- ignores as many rules as it pleases. Take some of the game's characters for example. You can have a guy who has to eat like a normal human, drink like a normal human, sleep like a human, speaks like a human, thinks like a human, behaves in every way like a human, but is in fact an enormous duck with no pants. There- following every law of human biology to a tee and then disregarding whichever bits they want to play with. What it means is that it's hopeless to try and deduce what goes on in this world if it's something we haven't been told outright. If the poles on Planet Suikoden are piping hot, or made of candy, or don't exist at all, that's just something we'll have to deal with when we learn it. It doesn't mean we have to throw away everything we already know about the series because it's slightly different from our reality, it's just something we have to incorporate into our understanding of that world.

Or, if you prefer: you're both right, ice cream for everybody.
Yeah!
Black Silver

Post by Black Silver »

@KFCrispy

let him go he has his point! We have our point. The Fantasy is for everybody that what everybody wants to believe!
Admin of Suikoden3.de

don´t punish me. My English is not the best! I hope You will understand!
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Suikoden World was made based on our world and some mythologies. So, using logic, Suikoden world and our world should be the same until said otherwise.
Magic exist because the game said so, but if the game didn't say a thing, we should assume it doesn't exist.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Actually, it may look similiar to our world. But since it is a work of fantasy and not reality anything goes. Logic in our world might as well be different than in a fantasy world.

Ofcourse arguing about this is fruitless and nother can be gain, except for making other people frustrated! :? Everyone has a valid opinion, maybe in the future the true function of the world will be displayed, and we might actually see the south/north pole of their world.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden