Leknaat's Tower

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
MarkSee

Leknaat's Tower

Post by MarkSee »

Is the one on Magician's Isle in Suikoden 1 and the one seen in Suikoden 3 the same tower?

Thanks.
That is all.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Likely. But there's no way to know for certain.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

I don't see why they wouldn't be. It's not like Leknaat's tower has been a part in any war, and she really has no reason to move it, what with being able to teleport and astral project and all.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

She vacated the Magician's Isle in the original game, so they are likely not the same place.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

I don't remember that, but I'm playing through SI again for some of my writing stuff, so will keep my eyes open for it.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

While she might have left the Tower after Suikoden, the picture seems to depict Leknaat welcoming Luc and Sarah as kids, so that would have taken place before Suikoden.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Jowy Atreides wrote:She vacated the Magician's Isle in the original game, so they are likely not the same place.
I wasn't aware of that. Where'd you hear that?
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

When you get your first mission from Commander Kanaak or something who's in charge for you, he tells Mc Dohl to go to get the annual prediction of the Seer at Magician Isle. I don t remember the exact qotation for it s been a while, but I remember him mentioning it.
Night

Post by Night »

I think Oppenheimer is questioning Leknaat vacating the tower after the first game.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
MarkSee

Post by MarkSee »

I've never heard of it either. Maybe someone thought Hellion becoming the new Seer meant that Leknaat must have left the tower? :?
That is all.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yes, she left when Hellion took her position, and went elsewhere.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I remember Hellion took her position, but I didn't know that meant moving into her digs too. Did you hear that she moved elsewhere from manga? or did you just assume she did because Hellion got her job?
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I thought that it was the same one as on Magician's Isle. The architecture looked the same, as did the trees. The trees there were very dark in S1 and they still were when it was showed in S3. Plus, I seem to recall it saying Magician's Isle up in the corner during that breif screenshot of the outside of the tower. I could be wrong about that though. It's been a while....
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
MarkSee

Post by MarkSee »

You might be right about the name, although I can't remember myself. The blue torches seen inside the tower is the similarity that struck me the most.
That is all.
Rai-Jin

Re: Leknaat's Tower

Post by Rai-Jin »

I think I heared an official statement long time ago that it is a new tower
bla