Kamaro and Camaro?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
SheenaTheWomanizer

Kamaro and Camaro?

Post by SheenaTheWomanizer »

Ok in the character list here on suikosource it says Camus is from the Free Knights of Camaro, and that Mua is from the Free Knights of Kamaro. So I am asuming this was a translation error or just a mistake by whoever put it up on the site. If so what in the cannon name for it. If they are dif places I'd also like info on that plez.
MarkSee

Post by MarkSee »

I presume it's the same place. Like how Sindar and Cyndar are the same. So it's a translation error.
I know it's spelled Kamaro in S3... but is it ever mentioned in S2? I'm not sure, if so how was it spelled there?

Couldn't tell you the canon name though..
That is all.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

It's spelled Camaro in Suikoden 2.

From what I gather, Camus is from there.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Same place, same pronunciation, but different spelling is all.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Servonut

Post by Servonut »

I like to think about situations like this in this way. Where Americans would spell the word color, British citizens would spell it colour. I'd imagine people from Dunan would spell the word Camaro, while Grasslanders would spell it Kamaro.
Just repeat to yourself "it's just a show, I should really just relax".
"Tact is just not saying true stuff, I'll pass." - Cordelia Chase
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Kamaro and Camaro?

Post by KFCrispy »

yup, and some video game translators called it Kamaro while other translators called it Camaro. ;)
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

KFCrispy wrote:yup, and some video game translators called it Kamaro while other translators called it Camaro. ;)
Actually, isn't it more that Suikosource called it Camaro long before Suikoden III and the official spelling was defined?

As far as I can tell it's not mentioned in Suikoden II by name as Richmond only says that Camus is from the Grasslands and I can't imagine where else they'd mention it. From that I surmise that suikosource got the information that he's from Kamaro from an outside source or Suikogaiden Vol.2 long before Suikoden III was released.

So unless someone can post the exact quote where Suikoden II calls it Camaro I believe it's simply suikosource forgetting to update their info with the defined name as of Suikoden III.
"He's originally from the Grasslands, but he moved to Matilda when he was young
and took the test to become a knight. He and Miklotov became knights on the
same day."
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Nah, Old Book titled "Grasslands" mentions "Free Knights of Camaro."
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I shall have to add that to the inconsistency list then.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.