kooluk

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
sun rune

kooluk

Post by sun rune »

will they ever rebuild kooluk or make a new nation out of kooluk
sun rune
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Hmm I do think that is hard to say but it s odd the Scarlet moon empire didnt occupy the provinces of old kooluk? I mean, If a country had large wastes in the closing or destroyed a neighbouring kingdom they would have taken the land, put a claim on it. Like Russia done, they have big wastes of wild and unpopulated ground but still its considered parts of Russia.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
sun rune

Post by sun rune »

yeah the scarlet moon don.t take over kooluk for there own and the island nations don't go for it i i guss somboby will rebuild kooluk somday
sun rune
Iris

Post by Iris »

The monarchy is dead. The way of life is dead. I don't recall if the lands were annexed to the SME, but with no royal heir and no leader, there's no way for Kooluk to rebuild after one hundred and fifty years.

In short, it won't happen.
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

Exactly, the hope of Kooluk ever rebuilding is slim to none. The land has not been annexed to SME, but it is pretty much general knowledge that they have some de facto claim to the region.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Seriously?

You all think its the end?

Sweden did rebuild after the danish slaughter/butcher in the capital City. Another noble stepped up and took the throne after some struggle.

So Kooluk isnt doomed, It might be restored or revived as another country with other political ways and a new name. A area cant just be "Wastlelands" since humans still live in it and some time it will be claimed or else its pretty odd if it wasnt a full out butcher of every single Kooluk citizen!
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
That's Mr. Humphrey

Post by That's Mr. Humphrey »

i maybe wrong about this, but wasn't the wine that Viktor and Annebell drinking in sII from Kooluk. My memory is a bit fuzzy but if thats the case it's possible they rebuilt.
Stick to your guns.
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

Or the most likely explination humphrey, is it's OLD Vintage wine. :P
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

It was from Kanakan, where all the best wine in the Suikoverse comes from
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

Well there you go, watermoon set it right. :P
That's Mr. Humphrey

Post by That's Mr. Humphrey »

What can i say, you won the day. But to say a civilization wasn't rebuilt because of a wine theory gone wrong is completly obtuse. Plus you must remember, i am Humphrey, i have seen all. Oh, and That's Mr. Humphrey to you. :wink:
Stick to your guns.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

We know it was eventually rebuilt, but the question is did it remain Kooluk, or did it become a new nation (kind of like how Thailand came about after the fall of Siam)
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Night

Post by Night »

Well we know that the SME annexed some of the lands. I guess the rest maybe regressed into a land of petty earldoms, each area being ruled by the strongest leader.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Or perhaps it could be a cluster of small nations ruled by a principality or an Overlord, or maybe it might be land leased by the SME, to the sons of lords or aristocracts, ofcourse this probably has change since the disslove of the SME.

A clear example of this, was when one of the Zexan council members gave a castle to Thomas and the foundation of it. To rule and take care of, ofcourse the real reason goes deeper, but I won't discuss it since it would be offtopic obviously.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden