Fire bringer explosion crater

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Jodan

Fire bringer explosion crater

Post by Jodan »

Did anyone find it odd how they kept mentioning teh great explosion from the first firebringer war and how it was sooo big
wouldnt an explosion that big create a crater comparable to one that a nuclear device would make (apx. 1k diameter)
i just thought that it was odd that it was never on the map or they never mentiond where it was in the graslands
mabe you guys have an idea
IT'S CALLED SUIKOCRACK!!!
want some
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i don't recall large fires making craters. maybe if the True Fire Rune was a True Fire Bomb....
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

1km of grass-land burned is on another time in 50 years
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

There are lots of plains in Suikoden III (that you have to walk over again and again) so that could have been the site of the burning but it all grew back. Maybe that's why some places are devoid of trees.
Jodan

Post by Jodan »

mabe thats what the alm plains arethey looked really barren and the grasslanders didnt seem to know much abou their own history so they would walk over it going "this is the alm plains" not "this is a great location of history lets buld a monument"
IT'S CALLED SUIKOCRACK!!!
want some
Tsharr

Post by Tsharr »

As stated before, most likely after 50 years the damage caused by the Rune was repaired by nature. I mean, look at Mout St. Helens in Washington. After exploding back in the 70's, it is looking pretty damn nice once again.

And why you probably don't realize you're passing of it or something of that nature, remember that the location was one of tragedy. Most likely people left it to be forgotten.
Sonic

Re: Fire bringer explosion crater

Post by Sonic »

The Grasslands, being composed mainly of... grass, would probably have no problem surviving a fire, even on that kind of scale (unlike, say, all the people in the area). Grass is very resilient, with deep, nutrient-rich roots which allow grass to consistently regrow after being constantly grazed on by large herds or destroyed in a huge fire.* Plus, all those charred corpses would make dandy fertilizer!

*David Attenborough said it, so it must be true!
Yeah!