Leadership of the Toran Republic in Suik III

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Greywolf

Leadership of the Toran Republic in Suik III

Post by Greywolf »

Is there any evidence to indicate for or against Lepant still being the head of the Toran Republic in the Second Fire Bringer War? If he is not the head, who is? Thanks.
"Wisdom begins with wonder." -- Albert Einstein
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

No evidence for or against it, that I know of. He'd be 59 at that point. Not necessarily too old to be a head of state, but he's getting up there. I imagine he'd have gotten tired of the job by then, though, considering he wanted someone else to take it in the first place.
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

KoRnholio wrote:No evidence for or against it, that I know of. He'd be 59 at that point. Not necessarily too old to be a head of state, but he's getting up there. I imagine he'd have gotten tired of the job by then, though, considering he wanted someone else to take it in the first place.
Ok, thank you very much.
"Wisdom begins with wonder." -- Albert Einstein
Gen. Dirge

Re:

Post by Gen. Dirge »

KoRnholio wrote:No evidence for or against it, that I know of. He'd be 59 at that point. Not necessarily too old to be a head of state, but he's getting up there. I imagine he'd have gotten tired of the job by then, though, considering he wanted someone else to take it in the first place.
Quite true. He didn't really take a liking to the idea of being Head of the State. McDohl's nowhere to be seen, if he had only taken up the responsibility of leading the new nation that he had shed blood to build, then Toran would have an unquestionable leader.

15 years later...I guess Lepant would really be old. Of coure, he wouldn't want Sheena to lead the country. (That would be most likely devastating.) Perhaps they vouched for elections? It would be quite surprising to know that Lepant's still alive and kickin' as Head of State. (I'm betting that he's quite alive.)
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Leadership of the Toran Republic in Suik III

Post by patapi »

Sheena isn't necessarily the next in line, because Toran isn't a patriarchy.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

patapi wrote:Sheena isn't necessarily the next in line, because Toran isn't a patriarchy.
Thank god it isn't.

Hey babycakes ;D
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

maybe after 15 years of of isolation Tir would be ready to go back and lead?

I mean...Imagine a nation with the same leader for 100 or so years...now thats a powerful man and powerful nation
Red rune

Post by Red rune »

son_michael wrote:maybe after 15 years of of isolation Tir would be ready to go back and lead?

I mean...Imagine a nation with the same leader for 100 or so years...now thats a powerful man and powerful nation

I've noticed with all the hero's that they stop leading their army after the war, Tir isolated himself from most of the world, Riou travelled with Jowy and Nanami after the war, Hugo Geddoe and Chris stopped working with each other and went their own seperate ways, Lazlo was thought to be dead after the war, Kyril mysteriously vanished and the Prince went with Lym somewhere. None of them continued to lead a nation or army after the war. Is their any of the tenkai's (excluding Thomas) who didnt follow this pattern?
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members
Quing

Post by Quing »

Actually, I'm pretty sure that in the best ending of Suikoden V, the prince hangs around to help Lym rebuild. They didn't go anywhere.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

in the complete ending of SV, you CHOOSE to go with Georg or help rebuild Falena.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

While that may be true Crispy, Red rune thought that the Prince went with Lym somewhere, not Georg, hence why Quing corrected him.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Red rune

Post by Red rune »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:While that may be true Crispy, Red rune thought that the Prince went with Lym somewhere, not Georg, hence why Quing corrected him.
Ok, the prince might rebuild Falena or go with Georg i see... so which one is the official ending?
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

Hopefully Konami will answer that question in the next installment. To get a definitive answer, the next installment would have to take place shortly after the SV timeline or take place during the Scarlet Moon conflict.

I know there are a lot of people who want the next installment to take place after SIII but the Prince would be in his fifties by that time.
SheenaTheWomanizer

Post by SheenaTheWomanizer »

It should not matter If Tir had taken control of Toran or not. Since it Is a Republic now one would hope that it would have a new president after 18 years.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

SheenaTheWomanizer wrote:It should not matter If Tir had taken control of Toran or not. Since it Is a Republic now one would hope that it would have a new president after 18 years.
Would they just randomly choose the best person to lead the country or would they have elections? I'm just curious.....

Hey babycakes ;D