Question about the Suik timeline

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Greywolf

Question about the Suik timeline

Post by Greywolf »

Everything began when the Sword clashed with the Shield... but does anyone know how long before the games that was? That is, have many millenia passed since that took place? Or is the Suik world a relatively young one? Thanks a lot for your help.

PS, please don't simply send me to the timeline, I've seen it already.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Nobody knows, and the whole story may just be a myth, in that it doesn't represent events that have actually happened.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I dont think its meant to come across as a real historical event. Like genesis in our reality when you hear it, it does'nt sound like an actual historic event but it explains alot about how we came to be. Im not really religous but I do beleive thats theres no harm in having a little blind faith. Just like sword and sheild. It may have never happened but it explains alot.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

Vector Xthonic wrote:Nobody knows, and the whole story may just be a myth, in that it doesn't represent events that have actually happened.
Well, I can understand if no one knows, but how can it be myth in the Suik world if the Rune is present in the second game, and the whole story revolves around the two aspects fighting one another? *scratches head*
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

God created the sun and the moon (example), so obviously God exists because the sun exists and the moon exists!

So no need to scratch your head, sir.
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

Vector Xthonic wrote:God created the sun and the moon (example), so obviously God exists because the sun exists and the moon exists!

So no need to scratch your head, sir.
Alrighty then. Thank you.
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

didn't luc say that the suikodenworld is about 1000 years old by the time of suikoden 3.
I look better in black armor and you know it!
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

Did he? What did he say? I mean, is the Suik world millenia old, like other fantasy worlds, or is it only 1000 years old? Please tell me because it's very important for me to know this. Thank you.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think the most you can get about the history of the world is to replay the end battle in Suikoden III. pay attention to Luc.
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

KFCrispy wrote:i think the most you can get about the history of the world is to replay the end battle in Suikoden III. pay attention to Luc.
Can you please tell me what he said? I would really, really appreciate it. My Suik 3 save right now is at the very beginning of the game and I haven't played it in months. Is the Suikoden world old, or young, and what evidence is there to support it either way. If there is little or even no evidence, that's fine, but could it be argued that the Suik world has existed for millenia?
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

It would be dissapointing and strange if the Suikoden world was only a thousand years old. two thousand maybe. I mean the people of the Suikoden world progressed awfully fast.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The problem, however, is that Luc could have been wrong. He may have been deceived by his rune to believe in some sort of timeline. Also, no official sources have listed the "1000 year" thing either in terms of a "creation date" or a "doomsday date."
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

Vector Xthonic wrote:The problem, however, is that Luc could have been wrong. He may have been deceived by his rune to believe in some sort of timeline. Also, no official sources have listed the "1000 year" thing either in terms of a "creation date" or a "doomsday date."
That gives me a lot of hope. But what did he say, exactly? Do you have an exact quote for me? I am asking because as I said I don't have a save file over there handy, and I just want to know for accuracy's sake. Hope I am not being a bother. Thanks.
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

Well I haven't played suikoden3 for years so I maybe wrong. But I DO remember Luc saying something about the worlds age at brass castle although i forgot which scene it was.
I look better in black armor and you know it!