Question about Suik demographics

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Greywolf

Question about Suik demographics

Post by Greywolf »

About how populated is the Suikoden world in terms of people inhabiting its various places? What I mean is, wouild a large city like Vinay or Muse have something like 200,000 people, or 600,000? If anyone could answer that, I'd appreciate it. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. >.<
Iris

Post by Iris »

Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

In response to your specific question about populations, as you can see from the link you were given, the populations of most areas in Suikoden 1 and 2 were given (by world guides published only in Japan, I believe) , but that data wasn't really made available for games made after that. So we don't really have a frame of reference for comparing, say, Sol-Falena to Gregminster. All we really have is speculation, unless there's comprehensive geography guides for the latter games I don't know of.
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

KoRnholio wrote:In response to your specific question about populations, as you can see from the link you were given, the populations of most areas in Suikoden 1 and 2 were given (by world guides published only in Japan, I believe) , but that data wasn't really made available for games made after that. So we don't really have a frame of reference for comparing, say, Sol-Falena to Gregminster. All we really have is speculation, unless there's comprehensive geography guides for the latter games I don't know of.
Ok, thank you.
lepant

Re: Question about Suik demographics

Post by lepant »

looking at them populations they look far too small compared to the army mentioned. In Suikoden 2 Shu mentions Highland and Matilda having 45,000 and the Heros forces having 25,000
The fighting 108

Re: Question about Suik demographics

Post by The fighting 108 »

I doubt that every single town and village that the country actually has was open in the game. You can assume that there must be dozens of otherwise unimportant settlements that are contributing to the war effort as well. Not to mention that those armies are probably being supplemented by mercenaries and the like.