what a climate...

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
future_suikoden_writer

what a climate...

Post by future_suikoden_writer »

im sorry if it isnt the right place or this topic has been posed.but did anyone notice about the snow?

falena is in south,south of island nations,grassland,dunan,toran etc..but there is no snow in that countries,,

but in the north of falena(ashtwal mount.) is a snowed coverd mountain..

maybe some1 can explain this... :D
Ranarldo

Post by Ranarldo »

there are alot of situations where the climates where they are hot and balmy and in just the mountains there is snow. Take the Caroilinas for an example. they see no snow percipitation all year but if you go up to their mountains there is snow covering all year. It also gives them a place to ski all year long.
"I find my peace in the eye of the storm"
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

kilimanjaro is in africa, in some calurous place, and has a non-deglass great ice landmass ( sorry my bad english :P ), a huge ice landmass, all year!

why? 5.895 m

huge mountain = ice all year, medium mountain = ice in cold situations

falena clima didnt matters because is at 0 m, we only can sopose the mountains are very huge
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

future_suikoden_writer wrote:falena is in south,south of island nations,grassland,dunan,toran etc..but there is no snow in that countries,,
I was under the impression that the INF was to the south of Falena, since you get there from Estrise, which is in the southern part of the country.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

estrise is at east from falena, in the coast, because the north from falena didnt have sea cost port ( because of the huge mountains ), then its normal think they go to east, and then from estrise go northwest to the island federation
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
bobNweave

Post by bobNweave »

27x4=108 wrote:kilimanjaro is in africa, in some calurous place, and has a non-deglass great ice landmass ( sorry my bad english :P ), a huge ice landmass, all year!

why? 5.895 m

huge mountain = ice all year, medium mountain = ice in cold situations

falena clima didnt matters because is at 0 m, we only can sopose the mountains are very huge
heck, even hawaii has snow in the winters but only on the big island at its highest points.
Bright

Re: what a climate...

Post by Bright »

Climatic temperature generally drops with increased altitude from sea-level and/or increased latitude from the equator. Most of the places explored by the games seem to be pretty temperate or tropical, so could assume they are around the equator, probably with the Island Nations being on it.

The snow on the ashtwal mountain would be a result of high altitude, rather than being close to the poles. There does seem to be a very large expanse of temperate countries though. But that would be a result of the suikoden world being much larger than earth, and therefore having a bigger temperate area, or even the sun rising and setting north-south or vice-versa, meaning the colder parts of the planet would be to the east and west.