Which is first? Harmonia or the Old Armes Kingdom?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
WraithRune

Which is first? Harmonia or the Old Armes Kingdom?

Post by WraithRune »

Erm like the question said, I'm wondering if any of you can deduce which came first.

Was the Old Armes Kingdom already present when Harmonia was formed or was Harmonia formed first before the Old Armes Kingdom was formed?

I'm looking through the timeline, but it didn't say.
Beware the Anger that consumes you.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Old Armes predates the Sindar, there are Sindar ruins in Harmonia thus the Sindar predate Harmonia ergo Old Armes predates Harmonia by default.
WraithRune

Post by WraithRune »

Oh!! ok thank you! The question has been bugging me for a while. Thanks!
Beware the Anger that consumes you.
future_suikoden_writer

Post by future_suikoden_writer »

but the timeline is not yet updated so we dont know..but like Raww Le Klueze said,its possible that the armes is the 1st one.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

future_suikoden_writer wrote:but the timeline is not yet updated so we dont know..but like Raww Le Klueze said,its possible that the armes is the 1st one.
It's definite, rather than merely possible.

If the timeline conflicts this then Konami want to give their heads a shake lol.
Black Silver

Re: Which is first? Harmonia or the Old Armes Kingdom?

Post by Black Silver »

I think that armes is older than Harmonia! The old armes Kingdom is older then Sindar! I think that armes is a forgotten culture!
Admin of Suikoden3.de

don´t punish me. My English is not the best! I hope You will understand!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Black Silver wrote:I think that armes is older than Harmonia! The old armes Kingdom is older then Sindar! I think that armes is a forgotten culture!
Thanks for reiterating that 6 months later. It's already been confirmed, why are you bringing the topic back just to repeat what has already been said?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Black Silver

Post by Black Silver »

@Raww
This is a Discussion Board, or I´m wrong with this :wink: ?

When you say that is already been confirmed, than close the topic! 8)
Admin of Suikoden3.de

KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yes, this IS a discussion board. we're not closing old topics because something new might come along.. but Black Silver you certainly didn't have anything new to contribute. Don't just post replies like "I agree" or repeat the information.
Black Silver

Post by Black Silver »

Ok Sorry. By this Time i had not enough time to write more to this Topic.

Ok Here is My Theory
People like Lorelai and Killey are of the Search for Secrets of the Sindar, but no one is of the Search for the Secrets of the old Armes Kingdom.
My Question is why?
My Answer is that Old Armes is so old that the culture is disappeared from the earth.
That Armes and the Sindar older then Harmonia are, is a fact.

But a interresting Question for me is. It is possible that armes and the sindar the same culture are?
Think about it!
Admin of Suikoden3.de

future_suikoden_writer

Post by future_suikoden_writer »

[quote="Black Silver"]Ok Sorry. By this Time i had not enough time to write more to this Topic.

Ok Here is My Theory
People like Lorelai and Killey are of the Search for Secrets of the Sindar, but no one is of the Search for the Secrets of the old Armes Kingdom.
My Question is why?
My Answer is that Old Armes is so old that the culture is disappeared from the earth.
That Armes and the Sindar older then Harmonia are, is a fact.

But a interresting Question for me is. It is possible that armes and the sindar the same culture are?
Think about it![/quote]

of course theyre disame..because armes descended from sindar..
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

future_suikoden_writer wrote:
of course theyre disame..because armes descended from sindar..
No they didn't.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

The Ancient Armes were definitely there *before* the Sindar came to revive the land, but it doesn't mean the Ancient Armes descended from earlier Sindar or not. However, all the Sindar Ruins we've seen are very different from the Ancient Armes ruins.
The Ancient Armes buildings seem to be modeled after ancient Egytian architecture, while Sindar ruins look Mayan(?); the obvious stylistic differences may indicate that these are completely different races/people.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yeah, the Old Armes architecture and building designs seem to be based on Ancient Egyptian architecture, particularly from the "Old Kingdom" era. Also, the boss inside there, "Shepsessca" (I think) is probably derived from one of the pharaohs, Shepseskaf or Shepseskare.

Meanwhile, Eresh is definitely derived from the Sumerian / Mesopotamian goddess Ereshkighal (and her weapons are all named after gods / goddesses of Sumeria / Mesopotamia), so these things are pretty much supposed to be thought of as being "very very ancient."

The Sindar are said to have been "cursed" and forced to keep moving from one place to another as a result of this curse from the Rune of Change. In the end, they settle in the "Eternal Capital," so they're a separate race from the Old Armes folks (and it seems everybody in Old Armes was wiped out when the Sun Rune was used to destroy the entire continent).

And yes, there is no doubt that the Sindar came after the Old Armes kingdom. This is verified within the game, and also through official publications (which includes timelines).
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Vextor wrote:And yes, there is no doubt that the Sindar came after the Old Armes kingdom. This is verified within the game, and also through official publications (which includes timelines).
By this, you mean "the Sindar's presence in Falena", correct? I didn't think we had any idea of how long the Sindar Race itself has existed.