Big Hole

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
kelvingarinkz

Big Hole

Post by kelvingarinkz »

Big Hole is an Armes Ruins ... i get this info from suikosource.com

Does anyone realize that outside the ruins in the Big Hole, there are these wall painting ... or relics ... or anything you call them .. in egyptians
If I'm not wrong, they form cleopatra-look-alike figure ... And also the boss Sheepeesca ... It is obviously an egyptian monster

Remember Raura from s2 and HortezVII from s3 ? Raura is related to Jeane and HortezVII since he is Raura's son, he then has high possiblity to be related to Jeane also

Don't you think Raura and HortezVII's outfits are very similar to egyptians ?

So the Big Hole is also related to Raura and HortezVII ... and also since they are related to Jeane who 'knows' the ruins pretty well

And also about HortezVII ... If I can recall correctly, he carries a staff with a serpent head on it ... That is similar to what Levi's weapon is. And since the serpent-head staff allows Levi to communicate with Byakuren ... Don't you think HortezVII can also talk to Byakuren ?

Byakuren then from the above speculation is related to this egyptian-look-alike society [Raura, HortezVII and maybe Jeane ]
In s5, Byakuren lives in Ceras Lake and guards the Sindar ruin
If we cross-refer to s2, the Sindar ruin behind White Deer Inn, there is a two-headed serpent which also guards it

The "formation" of the Big Hole is veyr mysterious too. The Godwin soldier outside the hole says something like it suddenly appears such a hole after an event which I can't remember

Just some info to add, the age,origin and past of Jeane, Raura and Eresh is totally unknown. As for HortezVII, suikosource.com also states his father and that's all.

My questions :
Is Armes Sindarin ? [ HortezVII related to Byakuren who is related to Sindar ]
Are Raura and HortezVII from Armes ? [ both are related to Jeane who is related to Armes Ruin ]
kelvin loves suikoden
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Old Armes and the Sindar are two separate civilisations.

Also, it'd also be interesting to note the on-going Egyptian theme used for the Kingdom of Obel, which may or may not have anything to do with Old Armes.
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

used in Obel ? ....
kelvin loves suikoden
Chimaera

Post by Chimaera »

The Kingdom of Obel is part of the backdrop for Suikoden IV, and there are 3 stars of destiny that you recruit from the Obel Ruins near the castle if I recall correctly.
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

but the Obel Ruin does not contain this egyptian atmoshpere ...
kelvin loves suikoden
Night

Post by Night »

And Jeane isn't related to Raura is she? I thought they just knew each other.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Crowley_The_Great

Post by Crowley_The_Great »

I beleieve it's said that they know each other from a past experience.......whatever that means.
By the 100 runes within me....
Psi Yamaneko

Post by Psi Yamaneko »

I definitely noticed the Egyptian theme in Big Hole and thought of Raura and Hortez VII.

I don't know what the connection might be, though, if there is one at all.
"And you shall wake, from country sleep, this dawn and each first dawn,
Your faith as deathless as the outcry of the ruled sun.
"
Dylan Thomas
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

strange enough that this is the only ruins that contain egyptian theme
kelvin loves suikoden
Night

Post by Night »

Crowley_The_Great wrote:I beleieve it's said that they know each other from a past experience.......whatever that means.
I think it was said that Jeane taught Raura the secret of scroll-making. Whatever it was, however, I think we can rule out any kind of family relation.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Magnumkiller

Post by Magnumkiller »

And about how the hole was created, Levi says he did it by using magic. According to everyone he is a great mage, just doesn't show it.

On a side note, who was the mage person on Suikoden 4?
Psi Yamaneko

Post by Psi Yamaneko »

Magnumkiller wrote:And about how the hole was created, Levi says he did it by using magic. According to everyone he is a great mage, just doesn't show it.

On a side note, who was the mage person on Suikoden 4?
I used Ted as my whacking-magic user. Was there a straight-up "mage"?
"And you shall wake, from country sleep, this dawn and each first dawn,
Your faith as deathless as the outcry of the ruled sun.
"
Dylan Thomas
Kirin

Post by Kirin »

The only definitive mages I can think of in IV would be Warlock (who of course was too absorbed in rune cannons to be much interested in general magery) and Maxine, who was a good combat mage, though she didn't make a big deal out of being "the best mage around" or anything like the other characters we're comparing them to.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Warlock has Levi's star in S4.

Other pure mages in the game include Konrad, Maxine, Katarina, Pablo, Jeane, Viki.
Magnumkiller

Post by Magnumkiller »

Thanks for that. Yeah I know Ted was good, he was a must in my party, but he is 'overpowered' like Zerase.

I guess I never used any mage besides Ted and just took my good fighters with me.