Minor post-game plot question (Stormfist)

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Kirin

Minor post-game plot question (Stormfist)

Post by Kirin »

Does anyone remember if the game gives any hints as to what happens to Stormfist after the war? The people who used to be in charge of it are dead, and nobody else obvious springs to mind. In fact, most of the other characters with any ties to Stormfist are accounted for in their endings and none seem cut out for a mayor-like position:

- Egbert goes back to living in the sewer, just because he's weird.
- Marina goes back to her Inn, hoping to take it over some day.
- Belcoot teaches at a training school in hwat was formally the arena.
- Shoon goes travelling, searching for former gladiators.
- Zegai wanders off to fight wild beasts.

The Belcoot bit is the only real information; we know that after slavery was abolished the arena was converted for training purposes. I could see Belcoot ending up in charge of the training school, but I don't think he'd want to control the whole town - too much like a desk job.

So, I'm just curious. I wonder who steps up to be in charge? I suppose it could just be some unknown former administrator, but that's kind of boring.
Crowley_The_Great

Post by Crowley_The_Great »

As boring as that seems it's likely the case. Egbert would be the obvious choice to me to be the next leader as his family was formerly in charge, however he seems to enjoy the sewer, and none of the others you mentioned in my opinion would make very good leaders. Marina knows how to cook and make beds and the others basically are born to fight.
By the 100 runes within me....
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Well, Lym does more or less tear apart the nobility in dissolving the senate and thus ensuring at least for the time being there would be no more underhanded alliances and feuds that could jeapordize the country. It most likely is not permanant, but I think under Lym there won't be a strong sense of one person being in charge. There of course will be those who report to her, but by and large she seems eagar to take a more direct approach to avoid immediate reformation of the old feuds.
Kirin

Post by Kirin »

Oh, sure, that's true; I wouldn't expect any nobility to be permanently in charge or more or less "own" the town the way they used to. However, the towns do still have mayors or other people in obvious leadership positions. Volga becomes mayor of Lelcar, Maroon succeeds Fuwalafuwalu as leader of Beaver Village, Kisara takes over Raftfleet, Goesch steps in as mediator of Lordlake, etc. There's also several towns who's existing leaders survived the war and were decent people who probably (or definitely) stayed on, like Estrise, Sable, and Lunas. And though it's not quite spelled out, it seems likely that Lucerina and Euram still help out in organizing things in Rainwall after they give up their estate.

The fall of the entire house of Godwin and its supporters just seems to have left a power vacuum in Stormfist (and its associated ports of Hershville and Spinacks, come to think of it), but I suppose the locals will work something out.
Magnumkiller

Post by Magnumkiller »

Spinnacks MIGHT be Dragon Rider territory now.

About Stormfist, maybe it was one of the three guys from Lelcar, they looked useful.

The big guy who joins you around the beginning supposedly stays as mayor, and my guess is the guy from Sable stays and is afterwards replaced by his daughter and that other guy who was in your army.

Luserina seems to have stayed as royal advisor though, and it might be right to assume that Euram stays as leader of Rainwall, some there still liked him.

There is also that other guy who worked at Hersheville that made a bet about the winners in the war.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Spinacks already seemed to be Dragon Cavalry territory. When you first go in there, some villager says that the Dragon Cavalry is in charge of security there because it is the main gateway to Sauronix.
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

Hopefully the locals of Stormfist would work something out. They were brainwashed by Godwin and would follow him to the gates of hell. Those people got on my nerves the most and some were still loyal to Godwin even after everything he did. I hope that view changed when Marscal got vaporized by the Sun Rune.

As for Luserina, I speculate that she might have taken the Prime Minister position that Lucretia passed up. After all, some NPC's in Rainwall said that they would be in a lot of trouble if someone like Luserina were in charge. It also said in the end that Euram gave up his status and devoted himself to help in Falena's restoration. Snowe did the same thing.

It's still pretty much unknown as to who is representing Stormfist and Rainwall in the Parliament.