Is the Dunan Republic larger than the jowston alliance?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Felenan Prince

Is the Dunan Republic larger than the jowston alliance?

Post by Felenan Prince »

Ok i want to know if after the Dunan unification war did Dunan become larger in terms of land area or was the loss of Tinto larger than any gains from annexing Highland?

Also does it have a stronger military,economy and political stability after the war compared to the Jowston alliance?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Well, the Tinto Republic isn't quite as populous as Highland/Higheast, so Dunan would be larger in that regard after the war.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Highland: L'Renouille + Kyaro Town + Sajah Village + Tenzan Pass

Tinto: Tinto City + Crom + Tigermouth Village + Tinto Mines + Mt Lampdragon

Looks to me that Tinto is larger. At least their capital isn't entirely dungeon. Highland probably had more population, but the new Tinto is definitely much larger than the old Highland.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Also Tinto became expansionist after splitting away from the Dunan Republic, enough land to make the border disputes in the Zexen-Tinto war probable.

On a side note, I know it happened and the grassland clans got involved, but is anything known about who won or the terms of the war ending?
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Kobold

Post by Kobold »

Tinto has a lot more land than what was shown in Suikoden 2. Their land stretches to the Grassland areas, and they constantly have skirmishes with them and expanding their land here and there...

I believe that the Jowston alliance would have taken more land space as compared to the Dunan Republic. Of course, there's a difference that the land that Dunal Republic now holds is the land belonging to a single country. Before that, they were merely different states allied together. Not a single country.
Long time lurker...