about the tree viki teleports you too

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Felenan Prince

about the tree viki teleports you too

Post by Felenan Prince »

I've here that there is a secret area viki can teleport you too which had a big tree right. Many people said it might be the same tree that marks the crimson pilgrims live. What i am wondering is it the same tree Zweig went to in the ending?
SpecialNewb

Re: about the tree viki teleports you too

Post by SpecialNewb »

Felenan Prince wrote:I've here that there is a secret area viki can teleport you too which had a big tree right. Many people said it might be the same tree that marks the crimson pilgrims live. What i am wondering is it the same tree Zweig went to in the ending?
You know, so far I've run into people on gamefaqs that say it, but I have only ever been teleported by Viki into the secret room in your own castle. There's probably no way to know if it's the same tree, but I think it likely. Keep Killey (and maybe Sweig) in your party after you get him so if you do get sent there, you can see what happens.
Yuber8900

Post by Yuber8900 »

I got sent there with both of them in my party, no special scenes or anything.
Feh
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

There's a secret room in your castle? Intriguing. BTW, I'm curious now. Is Killey one of the Crimson Pilgrims/Phoenix? I recall from Oboro's investigation that he was too accostumed to Falena to be a foreigner, but he said no one would know where his town is, even if he told you. Those bastard game designers didn't even add the towns to the north of Falena. Does no one even live there?
Hmm...
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

xXSqualleoNXx wrote:There's a secret room in your castle? Intriguing. BTW, I'm curious now. Is Killey one of the Crimson Pilgrims/Phoenix? I recall from Oboro's investigation that he was too accostumed to Falena to be a foreigner, but he said no one would know where his town is, even if he told you. Those bastard game designers didn't even add the towns to the north of Falena. Does no one even live there?
The games only focus on the major villages and towns that are critical to the story.

There are generally far more settlements than what the games show, but because of time and gameplay restraints, they don't make every single minor insignificant village accessable
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I just got teleported to this, and I noticed that the location is nowhere on the map of Falena given by the guidebook. My first thought was to think that its probably in the forests west of Falena (towards Nagarea), but there's a river there, going north to south. Although you're at the end of a loop that is east/west, if you go all the way to the edge of your containment, you can see that the river is running north to south.

Anyway, there aren't really any rivers in the forests in the west part of Falena, and the geography of the western coast of Falena seems to indicate that it doesn't stretch much farther west than what we see. So that tree should be south of Falena. The width of the river makes me think its the part of the Feitas that branches southeast from Lordlake. It looks like it has to be considerably farther south than Lordlake. This would put it very close to what we would consider New Armes territory, or inbetween Armes and Nagarea, as we understand the geography of the Falenan continent.

This isn't a startling discovery, but it makes you think about Killey's origin, if that is indeed the tree referred to in Zweig's ending. Perhaps the Crimson Pilgrims are not 'Falenan' in origin, but closer to a New Armes heritage.
Jorge Prima

Post by Jorge Prima »

I'm just currious, has anyone gotten to the tree during there first run through the game?
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Yeah, I have never been through a New Game +, so I'm pretty sure my experience counts.

I actually got teleported there twice out of three consecutive teleports. Freaky....
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

What do you get there? Any items or whatnot? I have never got wrongly teleported by Viki in this game yet. ><;;

And speaking of the Crimson Bird Clan, has it ever been known where they're located? I'm wondering because the World Map at Suikox showed the location to be somewhere around North-west of the Falena's continent. But I'm not sure how 'canon' that is.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
nuizilla

Post by nuizilla »

I got Resurrection Pc1

:roll: :roll:
(-_-")("-_-)
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I got a Blinking Rune Piece. All there is is a single tree, and when you walk out, you're stuck between a forest and a river, and you have to teleport back.

The SuikoX map may have some inaccuracies. It shows mountains all across the south of Lordlake, when its really forest southward, with mountains in the SW and SE corners of the continent. I don't see anything on the map that mentions being from the Crimson Bird Clan, though. Which region are you talking about?
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

KoRnholio wrote: I don't see anything on the map that mentions being from the Crimson Bird Clan, though. Which region are you talking about?
I'm looking at the map here http://www.suikox.com/geo/map.php if you have a look at the south-west part of the World Map, it's the continent where Queendom of Falena is located. And on the North-West part of that continent, there is a red dot that said Crimson Bird Clan if you put your mouse over (though strangely linked to Harmonia instead if you clicked).
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I think thats an old map. From before Suikoden V, actually.

There's nothing that says the tree that Viki teleports you to *is* related to the Crimson Bird Clan, anyway. Its all just speculation.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

KoRnholio wrote:I think thats an old map. From before Suikoden V, actually.
Yeah, I do think that is an old map too (since obviously far from being detailed about Falena), but that's why I was surprised myself. Because if that map is correct then it means that there is information about Crimson Bird Clan location even before Suikoden V release. So I was just wondering whether it has ever been mentioned anywhere else or not since I'm not too familiar with geography bits. But apparently no one really knows. ^^;
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i am still on my first game, never been teleported to the Tree..