War Between Nagarea and Armes?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Hikusaak The Great

War Between Nagarea and Armes?

Post by Hikusaak The Great »

Who here wants Suiko 6 to focus on a future war between Nagarea and Armes? In Suiko 5 it mentions that Armes is full of corrupt cheiftains while Nagarea has closed its borders to the outside world for centuries. Since many people in Falena and Armes have absolutely no information about the capabilities of their military, wouldn't it be possible that Ngarea is plainning a "Great Invasion" of Armes, Falena and Zelant simultaneously? Also reason for future Nagarean invasion would be that if the missing Sovereign Rune or Beast Rune fell to the hands of the Nagarean ruler, which would make Nagareans fear not of the Sun Rune in Falena.

It would be interesting to see fanatical Nagaarean soldiers ready to die in battle against cowardly and complacent Armes soldiers.
"War is like a game. The best nations wins, and the weak nations loses."
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

I doubt very seriously they'd revist already used true runes so quickly without exploring more of the unknown runes.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I don't think Nagarea or Armes is big enough for a game to be made about it. I do hope they are refferenced to/included in other games but I don't want to play in them all the time. The kingdom of Zelant is possible though and it could include Nagarea and Armes.

Armes is too 'primitive' IMO. And Nagarea seems far too Xenophobic. At least for a game to be centralised around them.
humpa

Post by humpa »

I doubt they would use the south continent again, probably gonna be about more northern continent conflict.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

humpa wrote:I doubt they would use the south continent again, probably gonna be about more northern continent conflict.
The Kingdom of Zelant is across the ocean. How far it is is unkown though.
Suiko-Source

Post by Suiko-Source »

If it were up to me, i'd rather move onto Harmonia.

Not harmonia as it is, but moreso as it was before Hikusaak came to power. I'd like to see the story behind Hikusaak, but have it stop when he actually comes to power in harmonia, so as to leave us wondering "what happened afterwards and why has he been absent for so long?"

We have heard alot about Harmonia and Hikusaak. I think it's time we get a little background on them in a more real sense.

Just my thoughts.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

I wonder of he is a Tenkai, tho.

I'd prefer to leave Harmonia to the last few games, IMHO, it'll be like a blissful climax after constant teasing and playing.
Suiko-Source

Post by Suiko-Source »

I agree to a point.

I'm really interested in knowing how Hikusaak came into possession of his rune, and why. I'd love for the last game to center on present-day harmonia, but some might argue that harmonia's past is just as interesting. It wouldn't spoil much to reveal to us the Hikusaak of the past, and nothing about the Hikusaak of the present.

Just my thoughts though. I'd absolutely love the chance to explore a place like crystal valley. 8)
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Even if Nagarea was xenophobic (nothing to point at this), the "Great Earthquake" prevents Nagarea from reaching Falena by land.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Wraith wrote:I don't think Nagarea or Armes is big enough for a game to be made about it. I do hope they are refferenced to/included in other games but I don't want to play in them all the time. The kingdom of Zelant is possible though and it could include Nagarea and Armes.

Armes is too 'primitive' IMO. And Nagarea seems far too Xenophobic. At least for a game to be centralised around them.
My thoughts are the exact opposite. If a game is to take place in the southern continent after this, it should be either of New Armes OR Nagarea, not both. We don't know much about Nagarea, but Armes chieftains should be more than enough conflict to get its own show.

The last thing I need is cop-out cities like L'Renouille. It sure didn't live up to its reputation as the largest city in Dunan.
Masamune

Post by Masamune »

Granted. To me it would seem too reminscent of Suikoden III. Not neccessarily a bad thing, if it's played right.

If two countries are ever involved again, I think it would be nice to actively invade the other country piece by piece, rather that 'all at once' at the end.