spoilers! References to Previous Suikodens?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Suikofan1088

spoilers! References to Previous Suikodens?

Post by Suikofan1088 »

I just finished Suikoden V...

I've only played the PS2 Suikoden games... but I don't mind reading spoilers at all. Now here's my question... Can someone please list out all the references to previous Suikodens? I thought it'd be interesting to know, before I played Suikoden I and II. Thanks![/spoiler]
Liam

Post by Liam »

I played just 20 hours of Suikoden V so far and I can remember reference about Morgan (How they poped his eyes out and shiped him to foreign country just for being too strong), and when Georg comented how story about Fallena Succession war aint bloodiest succession story He ever heard (realy enjoyed that one)
Liam O'veigh, The best swordsman in all Evergreen, beater of Maldon and bodyguard of queen Rose
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

--Milich Oppenheimer from Suikoden I is referenced as being at Lym's coronation in a note from Bernadette about the coronation.

--Rune Cannons, the Island Nations federation, etc. are all closely linked to the events of Suikoden IV and Suikoden Tactics/Rhapsodia. The puppet show when you visit the Island Nations also has brief puppet cameos of Suikoden IV's Flare and Brandeau. And the Island Nations Flagship is named after IV's Lino En Kuldes.

--Naturally Georg Prime, Lorelai, Viki, Jeane, Killey, and Leknaat have all appeared in other Suikoden titles. Retso and Shun Min play bit parts in the storyline of Suikoden II's cooking game.

--Cathari is from the Howling Voice Guild, And thus makes several references to Harmonia which has been featured in prior Suikoden Titles. Also of note, Lucretia is from the Grasslands of Suikoden III and briefly at one point talks about the First Fire Bringer war, mentioned in Suikoden III many times over.

--Zerase talks about the Sword of Night/Rune of Night, a reference to the Zodiac/Star Dragon Sword of Suikoden I, II, and III.

On the opposite spectrum, I'm surprised this is the only game without the infamous "Schtolteheim Reinbach" reference.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
Zelbach

Post by Zelbach »

Childerich did a direct quote of Luca Blight by yelling “die, pigs!” Personally, I thought it came out a little cheesy.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

One of the Prince's outfits resembles McDohl's. At least it does to me....
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Zelbach wrote:Childerich did a direct quote of Luca Blight by yelling “die, pigs!” Personally, I thought it came out a little cheesy.
I agree. I also agree that it was a little cheesy that the translators had to go out of their way to insert additional Suikoden II references that were never meant to be there in the first place.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Rivera wrote: On the opposite spectrum, I'm surprised this is the only game without the infamous "Schtolteheim Reinbach" reference.
Even more shocking, I think it's the first game to never ever mention the name "Silverberg".

But I was wondering. Is the Lino En Kuldes the ship that Tov started building at the end of IV?
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Sickpup wrote:
Rivera wrote: On the opposite spectrum, I'm surprised this is the only game without the infamous "Schtolteheim Reinbach" reference.
Even more shocking, I think it's the first game to never ever mention the name "Silverberg".

But I was wondering. Is the Lino En Kuldes the ship that Tov started building at the end of IV?
No, every flagship of the Island Nations Federation has been called the Lino En Kuldes since its creation, IIRC.

The giant whale ship that you used in Suiko IV is probably back in the cave in Obel as a museum or something.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Rivera wrote:--Milich Oppenheimer from Suikoden I is referenced as being at Lym's coronation in a note from Bernadette about the coronation.
They should have actually shown him :cry: . But, I suppose that would have been a lot of extra programming trouble.

The Sindar in and of itself is a continuing theme in most other Suikodens.

The "Northern Dwarves who are really going at it with the elves" is mentioned in a letter from one of the cave dwarves, that's a reference to the events in Suikoden I.
Lourde Incarnadine

Post by Lourde Incarnadine »

Liam wrote:I played just 20 hours of Suikoden V so far and I can remember reference about Morgan (How they poped his eyes out and shiped him to foreign country just for being too strong)...
Actually, when you pick Morgan up in Suiko1, he specifically says that he's been blind since birth. A lot of debate over that, though; whether he was speaking literally or referring to life in the Qlon Temple as a spiritual rebirth, that kind of ****.

So it may or may not be a reference to Morgan.
flagantz

Post by flagantz »

Sickpup wrote: Even more shocking, I think it's the first game to never ever mention the name "Silverberg".
Lelei once mention about Eleanor Silverberg before you go to meet Skald Egan
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Rivera wrote:--Milich Oppenheimer from Suikoden I is referenced as being at Lym's coronation in a note from Bernadette about the coronation.
They should have actually shown him :cry: . But, I suppose that would have been a lot of extra programming trouble.
Wasn't he standing off to the side during the coronation ceremony, along with the other dignitaries, I could have sworn he was
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Was he? you think I would have noticed. I'll have to pay more attention my next time through.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Oppenheimer wrote:Was he? you think I would have noticed. I'll have to pay more attention my next time through.
Well the other dignitaries were there [ I recognized the Armes dignitary thanks to the godawful fashion style Armes has XD ]
Zadiel

Post by Zadiel »

In the coronation scene where Lym is getting crowned they do a sweep of all the people there.

The last two people there are two foppish looking nobles with blond hair dressed up extravagantly. I took a look at one of them and thought, I know this guy from somewhere.

Im willing to bet it was a much younger Milich.