spoilers! References to Previous Suikodens?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Lourde Incarnadine

Post by Lourde Incarnadine »

patapi wrote:Thanks, Jowy. Which reminds me that perhaps we can add some of those geography info into the guide on the main site.
xXSqualleoNXx wrote:Was it lazyness that the designers didn't bother to add all the other representatives? They all attended the ceremony, even if they weren't shown. We know this because the officials from hershville were all talking about the rush of having so many important foreigners in their port. Plus, we know for a fact Milich came.

Damn it Konami, would it have killed you to add them?
It's not surprising. In S2, we have Tesla and a number of other minor returning characters (Eileen, Liukan, to name a few) who got no updated character portrait. Similarly, Beecham didn't get any until he became a playable character in S3.
Kage also lost face, for what it's worth. And I could swear the chief of Rokkaku did, as well...
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Darian wrote:Well with main 'good guys' alone numbering 108 can you really blame them? ;P
Hmmm..... they added more worthless stuff. Why does Peck get his five seconds in the limelight in Suiko IV then? The guy wasn't even important and he freakin' got a character portrait, only to burn ten seconds later.

But really, even though I know it is not as easy as one would think to make characters out of bare bone, I still lament the fact they couldn't throw us a bone here. It would have made a nice Easter cookie to at least see Milich.
Hmm...
Philweasel

Post by Philweasel »

The other sacred games warriors all got unique character models so it can't have been that hard.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I think maybe they made it an extreme after-thought to have someone say that Milich was at the ceremony. Long after they made the scene.

And I'm sorry, but can someone remind me of when Beecham was in Suikoden 2? I would like to play and find out myself...but if you read the my general discussion post..we all know how that went. :(
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Philweasel

Post by Philweasel »

Sickpup wrote:I think maybe they made it an extreme after-thought to have someone say that Milich was at the ceremony. Long after they made the scene.

And I'm sorry, but can someone remind me of when Beecham was in Suikoden 2? I would like to play and find out myself...but if you read the my general discussion post..we all know how that went. :(
When you're attacking Muse, and the Karaya troops get mauled. Someone named Beacham tells Lucia to run, and that he will guard her retreat. It's kinda odd how he gets a name really.

I wonder if anyone we know was actually in the Sacred games? I swear one of the guys Childerich frags looks a little like Viktor.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Philweasel wrote:
Sickpup wrote:I think maybe they made it an extreme after-thought to have someone say that Milich was at the ceremony. Long after they made the scene.

When you're attacking Muse, and the Karaya troops get mauled. Someone named Beacham tells Lucia to run, and that he will guard her retreat. It's kinda odd how he gets a name really.

I wonder if anyone we know was actually in the Sacred games? I swear one of the guys Childerich frags looks a little like Viktor.
you guys see Viktor anywhere. Either way, all the other warriors were, for the most part, never shown.

Alas, we will always lament what could have been but never was. They could have used this opportunity to show future key people from other nations like Gaien or Nagarea. Gaien is way overdue for an update and Nagarea, with it's religious based country and total silence is also a good place to expand upon.
Hmm...
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Nagarea never made it to the coronation, so it was understandable.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

patapi wrote:Nagarea never made it to the coronation, so it was understandable.
Wha ! Where was that stated or even hinted through the whole game?
Hmm...
kanzuki

Post by kanzuki »

Based on the cut scenes, I didn't see Milich anywhere.

The right of the path where Lymsleia and Gizel walks consists of Falenans; the queen knights Galleon, Zahhak, Alenia, Miakis, Haswar and Salum Barows (along with random soldiers)

The left, are Skald Egan, and the rest were from Armes; Shula, Guisu and uhh....can't remember the last Armes dude. The one with blonde hair and look kinda 'pretty'. And also some random soldiers in the background =p

Edit: Just noticed someone has posted up the details. My mistake. Pls delete the post if it's not important.
merlin

Post by merlin »

This is an interesting thing I have observe but have anyone noticed that in almost every suikoden game except for 4 and I haven't played tactics yet that there is always an old book talking about the previous game that came before well except for in 1 of course since there isn't a previous game. For example in Suiko 2 there is a book talking about the Toran Liberation war, in Suiko 3 one about the Dunan Unification War, Suiko 4 has a book but it's on the Scarlet moon Empire if my memory serves me correctly. I don't know if Tactics has any books but if they did I'm sure it will probably have a book talking about the Island Nation war. Now mind you I haven't found all of the books in Suiko 5 yet but I'm kinda betting that if there is it will be a book on the Island Nation War and the events of what happened in Tactics.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

kanzuki wrote:The left, are Skald Egan, and the rest were from Armes; Shula, Guisu and uhh....can't remember the last Armes dude. The one with blonde hair and look kinda 'pretty'. And also some random soldiers in the background =p
Maha Sparna, and that dude.... was a chick. :lol:

Anyway, I just thought I should mention something that has been bugging me.

Lu mentioned that Babbage (or Doctor Gear) had two apprentices: Apprentice Number 1 (Sorensen) and Apprentice Number 2... I'm just wondering. Could Apprentice Number 2 possibly be Juppo? It's not that far off, I would think. Juppo's weapon in Suikoden 1 *was* a gear, if I remember correctly...
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

And both Juppo and Babbage build crazy robots to guard important things.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I thought she considered the Prince apprentice number two?
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

And Juppo fought with a throwing weapon. Was it darts?
Purr.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Sickpup wrote:And both Juppo and Babbage build crazy robots to guard important things.
I think Juppo broke into Lepants manor, which had crazy robots, but he did not create them. Or did I get confused?