spoilers! References to Previous Suikodens?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Occam Arkitect wrote:I think they never said anything about a rep. of Harmonia coming down to attend the ceremony. It was just Scarlet moon, Island nations, and countries beside Falena.
Even worse! I would've loved seeing a representative of Nagarea, its so stupid they didn't animate them. Or maybe Eresh was the representative.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Well, some part of me believes that the staff did all they can, so I'm quite sure they didn't make polygon models out of them just because they "forgot" to, or deemed the task tedious.

Eresh is from Nagarea? Where was it stated, from Oboro's investigations?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Occam Arkitect wrote:

Eresh is from Nagarea? Where was it stated, from Oboro's investigations?

Oboro wrote: 2.) Those clothes she's wearing are reserved for high-level clergy. But you have to be at least 40 to attain a position that high, no matter how fast you climb. Do they even make those clothes in her size? That girl is one big mistery.
It doesn't say she's from Nagarea but we know Nagarea has a politicly powerfull clergy( it is a Theocracy after all) and she is wearing priest robes.

In one of Eresh's comments she says she won't reveal her orgin. Shula states that Eresh is likely from Nagarea though.
[Blitzkrieg]

Post by [Blitzkrieg] »

Roog and Rahal remind me of Miklotov and Camus.
Red and Blue, both knights, and both defied their leader to side with the hero (even if Craig did then join the Hero as well.)
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Wraith wrote:
Occam Arkitect wrote:I think they never said anything about a rep. of Harmonia coming down to attend the ceremony. It was just Scarlet moon, Island nations, and countries beside Falena.
Even worse! I would've loved seeing a representative of Nagarea, its so stupid they didn't animate them. Or maybe Eresh was the representative.
Harmonia wasn't important enough, it seems. Way to go, Falena!

Nagarea didn't respond to their invitation, hence there was no representative.
Kirin

Post by Kirin »

Regardless of how important Falena thinks Harmonia is, it is pretty much the farthest away country in the known world. Even if they tried, it would probably take quite a long time for an envoy to get there and back. Scarlet Moon seems to be the farthest afield that Falenan contact commonly goes, and it's in the Southern portion of the Northern continent.

[spoiler](The one counter-example to this theory is that Godwin apparently picked up Lucretia in the grasslands, which is nearly as far away. He must have been on quite a long trip. On the other hand, Lucretia had already been through Harmonia at that point, so I don't know if it's clear exactly where he picked her up... she might have already been heading south for some other reason. Woo, tangent.)[/spoiler]
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Harmonia not important enough? The most powerfull country in the world...

Its probably due fear of having the Sun Rune stolen. It might be known that Harmonia is attempting to acquire all True Runes.
deedlitmurata

Post by deedlitmurata »

Yeah, but Lucretia asks Cathari if her pressence is some kind of alert sign (or something like that, dont remember the exact words) and Cathari says something like it's just a warning..? ... ~_~ i have to check those quotes again; and Cathari does mention she's observing things, that she doesn't want to bring back bad news to her country.. and that depending on how things went in Falena, that country could think Falena is wrong and take action against it or something like that xD I love her dialogues.. I will write them all down in my next playthrough, just to be sure of everything!
So Cathari was sent there by Harmonia after all, I don't think she came to Falena only to meet with her old ""friend"", if that's what they really were before :P
Man is powerful enough to change destiny. No matter how futile our struggles seem, they all make a difference!
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

You must remember this though. The Godwins invited only the nearby regions, with the farthest countries being Zelant (If it is indeed in the Western Continent) and Scarlet Moon. If they had invaded Harmonia, they would have also had to Invite Jowston and Highland, which are closer. Remember, you can't just go south and end up north again, that's only an old RPG screwup. And since they were hoping to gain some support from said countries, there wouldn't have been much use in having the support of a country on far north of the world, when your country is on the far south.

That said, it is not speculation that Cathari was sent by Harmonia. She accepts that the Howling Voice Guild (Well, she didn't mention them by name, but she is a HVG agent) sent her to keep an eye on Falena's civil war and report back. It's quite likely Harmonia wanted to know the current fate of the Sun Rune. For all we know, if the Prince had failed, it could have been bloody likely that Harmonia would have entered the fray and stolen the Sun Rune for themselves.
Hmm...
deedlitmurata

Post by deedlitmurata »

xXSqualleoNXx wrote: For all we know, if the Prince had failed, it could have been bloody likely that Harmonia would have entered the fray and stolen the Sun Rune for themselves.
Maybe then that's what she meant when she said that if her country thought that Falena was in the wrong, they would take action or something.
Man is powerful enough to change destiny. No matter how futile our struggles seem, they all make a difference!
Kirin

Post by Kirin »

Yeah. Here's the impression I got: we know Harmonia has been interested in collecting true runes for a long time. It's basically common knowledge that Falena has the True Sun Rune. However, seeing as Falena's so far away, it would probably over-extend Harmonia's resources to try and nab it by force or cunning when it's in the hands of a stable and competent set of rulers. On the other hand, if Falena stayed in a long, drawn out civil war, or if the rune remained in the hands of people who used it recklessly without having control of its power, it might be an opportune time for Harmonia to act. Seems like that's what Cathari was sent to find out.

As for her deciding to help the prince, well, she may personally have decided it would be better if she's able to report back that Falena is stable and should be left alone... so she gave a little nudge to help that happen.
deedlitmurata

Post by deedlitmurata »

Kirin wrote:As for her deciding to help the prince, well, she may personally have decided it would be better if she's able to report back that Falena is stable and should be left alone... so she gave a little nudge to help that happen.
I agree with this, she did say she didn't wanted to bring bad news to her country, and since she had been friend or something with Lucretia, maybe she wanted her to succeed as well.

Also, when you speak to her in the castle just after taking Sol-Falena and before going to Lunas, she tells you that she cannot leave until she knows the whereabouts of the Sun rune.... I went to the trouble of taking her out of my party and walking slowly out of Sol-Falena just to see what she had to say to me at the castle ~___~
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

xXSqualleoNXx wrote:You must remember this though. The Godwins invited only the nearby regions, with the farthest countries being Zelant (If it is indeed in the Western Continent) and Scarlet Moon. If they had invaded Harmonia, they would have also had to Invite Jowston and Highland, which are closer. Remember, you can't just go south and end up north again, that's only an old RPG screwup. And since they were hoping to gain some support from said countries, there wouldn't have been much use in having the support of a country on far north of the world, when your country is on the far south.
The Godwin was trying to legitimise Lymsleia's coronation as the New Queen by inviting representatives from those nations. I see no mention of myself claiming that you can get to Harmonia by going further south, so I fail to see the relevance of that point.

They went out of their way to invite Scarlet Moon, but not Kanakan or whatever is left of Kooluk Empire, while the latter two are much nearer. So, why not Harmonia? It's not like Harmonia cannot send anyone to Falena. One wonders what Marscal thought of that nation, after the amount of time he spent there before running into Lucretia a few years back -- a possible threat, a potential ally, or an insignificant nation that isn't even worth his time?
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

patapi wrote:
xXSqualleoNXx wrote:You must remember this though. The Godwins invited only the nearby regions, with the farthest countries being Zelant (If it is indeed in the Western Continent) and Scarlet Moon. If they had invaded Harmonia, they would have also had to Invite Jowston and Highland, which are closer. Remember, you can't just go south and end up north again, that's only an old RPG screwup. And since they were hoping to gain some support from said countries, there wouldn't have been much use in having the support of a country on far north of the world, when your country is on the far south.
The Godwin was trying to legitimise Lymsleia's coronation as the New Queen by inviting representatives from those nations. I see no mention of myself claiming that you can get to Harmonia by going further south, so I fail to see the relevance of that point.

They went out of their way to invite Scarlet Moon, but not Kanakan or whatever is left of Kooluk Empire, while the latter two are much nearer. So, why not Harmonia? It's not like Harmonia cannot send anyone to Falena. One wonders what Marscal thought of that nation, after the amount of time he spent there before running into Lucretia a few years back -- a possible threat, a potential ally, or an insignificant nation that isn't even worth his time?
......*sigh* I was just pointing out Harmonia was far FAR away from Falena. Not to mention, they don't seem to have any kind of diplomatic relationship. Why would Marscal want to invite Harmonia, when they aren't close enough to be of any help on his current crisis? They can't even be trade partners, so they are of no use to Falena. Plus, it is common knowledge that Harmonia is only interested in True Runes, and Marscal was not willing to part with the Sun Rune.
Hmm...
Magnumkiller

Post by Magnumkiller »

Coronation ceremony...

I remember the guy from Island Nations
2? Guys from Armes
Salumn Barows
And I believe another 2 unknown guys. Maybe Milich and a Nagarea guy? I remember seeing a map with some nation west from Gaien, so it could have been someone from there? It could also be that the last guy was another Armes person though. I do remember getting a feeling of a Milich/whatever the 'gay song' people are.