spoilers! References to Previous Suikodens?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Magnumkiller wrote:Coronation ceremony...

I remember the guy from Island Nations
2? Guys from Armes
Salumn Barows
And I believe another 2 unknown guys. Maybe Milich and a Nagarea guy? I remember seeing a map with some nation west from Gaien, so it could have been someone from there? It could also be that the last guy was another Armes person though. I do remember getting a feeling of a Milich/whatever the 'gay song' people are.
Actually, we saw Zahhak, Alenia, Salum, Euram, Jidan Guisi, Maha Sparna, Shula Valya and Skald Egan. Not to mention Marscal and Haswar were also there.I don't remember if Dilber Novum and Luger were there as well though.
Hmm...
Kirin

Post by Kirin »

We really need someone with a capture card to just screenshot this scene so we can put this thread to rest... I can't remember who exactly was there either.
Koujirou

Post by Koujirou »

I'm actually getting close to this scene(just arrived at Nirva Island). I'll make a note to save before the scene and watch it carefully, then edit this post with a list of the people shown. Should be done either later tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Alright, here's the list of people seen, in order of appearance:

To the left of the throne(player's right):
Salum Barows
Queen's Knights(Miakis, Galleon, Alenia, Zahhak)
Marscal Godwin
Haswar

To the right of the thronw(player's left):
Skald Egan
Armes Officials(Jidan Guisu, Maha (forgot her last name), Shula Valya)
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Great thanks, so that wraps that up, no apperance by Milich. No "gay song" :roll: people at all. Just characters who have other prominent roles in the game.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Anyone who looked like they may have come from Gaien?
Koujirou

Post by Koujirou »

I honestly wouldn't know myself as I've only played Suikoden 3 before this one. But, the people I listed were the only ones shown at all(not including the princess and Gizel, of course). Heh, it was pretty much a letdown after all the hype Gizel gave it. :P
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

patapi wrote:Anyone who looked like they may have come from Gaien?
Nope, isn't Gaien a part of the Island Nations Federations?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Nope, Dukedom of Gaien has always been its own nation. Like Queendom of Falena.

In any case, that's too bad that the Dukedom continues to be a complete mystery in this series.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Well, we at least know how the place works, somewhat.
The Suikosource Weblog wrote:1) Dukedom of Gaien
The Monarch of this monarchy has long since been reduced to figurehead status. It is now more of a functional republic. While the conflicts of the aristocrats have not died out, the natives live as they please here.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I can't seem to access the weblog now, which is a shame.

But, is that entry talking about Gaien during the timeframe of S4 or S5?
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

That's referring to Gaien at the time of Suikoden 4, I remember it being one of the earliest things I read about Suikoden 4 and its background in the nation's profile.

Gaien is still in existence at the time of Suikoden 5 though. I'd love to see Gaien mainland.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Was it lazyness that the designers didn't bother to add all the other representatives? They all attended the ceremony, even if they weren't shown. We know this because the officials from hershville were all talking about the rush of having so many important foreigners in their port. Plus, we know for a fact Milich came.

Damn it Konami, would it have killed you to add them?
Hmm...
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Thanks, Jowy. Which reminds me that perhaps we can add some of those geography info into the guide on the main site.
xXSqualleoNXx wrote:Was it lazyness that the designers didn't bother to add all the other representatives? They all attended the ceremony, even if they weren't shown. We know this because the officials from hershville were all talking about the rush of having so many important foreigners in their port. Plus, we know for a fact Milich came.

Damn it Konami, would it have killed you to add them?
It's not surprising. In S2, we have Tesla and a number of other minor returning characters (Eileen, Liukan, to name a few) who got no updated character portrait. Similarly, Beecham didn't get any until he became a playable character in S3.
Darian

Post by Darian »

Well with main 'good guys' alone numbering 108 can you really blame them? ;P