Lucretia's clan

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
p_xavier18

Post by p_xavier18 »

i cant find it either. it might have been taken down.

post up a question at the site
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

If it hasn't been deleted or otherwise removed ... this here link should do.

I think a couple of posts were removed because translators were fearful they could be breaking the NDA agreement.
son_michael wrote:I don't understand why I need so much evidence to speculate about something
Wraith wrote:I find it rather annoying to need so much support in order to speculate.
You aren't your post count.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yeah that link dosen't work...what was the point in remvoing the content? makes no sense to me...
Last edited by son_michael on Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Eyedol just gave a pretty good reason himself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement
Red XIV

Post by Red XIV »

Illecandra wrote:*spoilers*

Before you go after the Sun Rune, talk to Lucretia in the audience chamber of the palace, where everyone is gathered. She'll say that she has something she would like to tell the prince, and go on to explain how she has witnessed the fury of a True Rune before when she was three.
Which would make her 53 at the sime of Suikoden III. Certainly plausible that she's still alive, and thus it's possible for her to meet Hugo at some point.

That doesn't mean it's likely; who knows if she'll ever actually return to Karaya. But it's possible.
Effect

Post by Effect »

Illecandra wrote:*spoilers*

Before you go after the Sun Rune, talk to Lucretia in the audience chamber of the palace, where everyone is gathered. She'll say that she has something she would like to tell the prince, and go on to explain how she has witnessed the fury of a True Rune before when she was three.
The Firebringer War was the first thing that came to mind as soon as I saw that conversation.
Basel

Post by Basel »

Eyedol wrote:I think a couple of posts were removed because translators were fearful they could be breaking the NDA agreement.
You are refering to Konami translators, right?
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
EnigmaticThief

Post by EnigmaticThief »

The most obvious clue to her Karayan heritage is her dual-tone hair: blonde with a greenish tone at the end of her bangs. Fans will remember that both Hugo and Lulu both have similar dual-tone schemes (blonde with black ends, and black with red bangs, respectively.)
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

EnigmaticThief wrote:The most obvious clue to her Karayan heritage is her dual-tone hair: blonde with a greenish tone at the end of her bangs. Fans will remember that both Hugo and Lulu both have similar dual-tone schemes (blonde with black ends, and black with red bangs, respectively.)
You think that's hereditary? I always thought it was just more of a tradition of hair colouring that some Karayans did.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Maybe that's the reason why King said that her hair coloring happened to her as an accident: to dispel Karayan rumors.
King wrote:As a child, Lucretia ran into some trouble in buying hair dye from a merchant, and there are still remnants of that.
With Hugo, we know it's natural. No idea about Lulu though.

I thought hair coloring was hard to find though. Zaj, Lucretia and Siaeleds are the only people who've done something like this. Zaj was in the HVG and was a very shady man in general, and Sialeeds was a member of the royal family and probably had access to more product than you could even imagine (domestic and foreign). Lucretia just had something vague happen to her as a child, and now she's got dyed hair. Sounds like a cheesy excuse to give her badass hair, which worked.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Sialeeds dyed her hair too, yes?
zennam

Post by zennam »

patapi wrote:Sialeeds dyed her hair too, yes?
that's what she said but i'm not entirely convinced because I don't see why she would stop doing that right after she gets the twilight rune
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Oh duh, that's right. I'll fix that right now. Is there anyone else who's dyed their hair?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Somehow, I can imagine those randomly coloured hair in Suikoden V to actually come from hairdyes. i.e. Wilhelm or Nifsara?