Feitas River = Amazon River???

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Holly Spirit

Feitas River = Amazon River???

Post by Holly Spirit »

I cannot help but compare the great Feitas river to the great Amazon river. It's as if when the creators of the game (especially those involved in the graphics) were picturing in their minds the great Amazon river when they are putting together Falena's geography.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

This is Suikoden V related and must only go in the Suikoden V threads. I think I mentioned that once or a thousand times before.

moving. . .

Anyway I always thought of it more like the Nile.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Agreed there is more of an Egyptain feel to it, then again there are similarities between Ancient South American and Egyptian cultures. I think though it leans more toward the Nile, since there are no jungles but many many plains.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I see more parallels between Suikoden V and Babylonian/Persian culture, especially based on the names. People still live on the Euphrates River much like the people of Raftfleet.
Holly Spirit

Amazon River

Post by Holly Spirit »

I am just saying that geography-wise, the Feitas looks a lot like the Amazon river. Just take a look at this picture I found in Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Mout ... r_1990.png

The mouth of the Amazon river closely resembles the Feitas. Nile may be the longest river in the world but I doubt if its width is as wide as the Amazon. In the first attack of Luger on Ratfleet, somebody mentioned the depth of the Feitas river, which I think was inspired by the Amazon.

But I have to agree with all of you that in terms of culture, Falena adopts an Egyptian theme.

And oh, the glacier in the mountains into the final dungeon is like inspired by the Andes. Even if Ecuador is near the equator, it has Mt. Chimborazo, a perpetually snow-capped mountain.