Sun/Night/Dawn/Twilight Runes... 4 parts of 1 True Rune???

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
ninjar

Post by ninjar »

I would assume that the Star Rune belonging to Zerase functions in the same manor for the Night Rune as the Dawn and Twilight Runes do for the Sun Rune. I say this because I got a comment from someone, I believe Levi, that said that Zerase's Star Rune was one of a kind like the Dawn and Twilight Runes.

This makes me wonder whether there is another rune to make a pair of Night Rune specific original offsprings.
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

ninjar wrote:I would assume that the Star Rune belonging to Zerase functions in the same manor for the Night Rune as the Dawn and Twilight Runes do for the Sun Rune. I say this because I got a comment from someone, I believe Levi, that said that Zerase's Star Rune was one of a kind like the Dawn and Twilight Runes.

This makes me wonder whether there is another rune to make a pair of Night Rune specific original offsprings.
Yeah, but wouldn't that also mean the Moon Rune would need to be a portion of the Night rune as well to balance it? I don't see that. the Moon rune is a True Rune, but we really have no idea the power it has and why there are two True runes dealing with night, the Night Rune and the Moon while only one dealing with day, the Sun rune.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Desides

Post by Desides »

jonathan_priest wrote:Yeah, but wouldn't that also mean the Moon Rune would need to be a portion of the Night rune as well to balance it? I don't see that. the Moon rune is a True Rune, but we really have no idea the power it has and why there are two True runes dealing with night, the Night Rune and the Moon while only one dealing with day, the Sun rune.
The Moon Rune doesn't deal with the night at all. Replay the Neclord/Sierra sequences of Suikoden II.
Duago

Post by Duago »

No one ever remembers stallions true holy rune. :(
Zaitsev

Post by Zaitsev »

Duago wrote:No one ever remembers stallions true holy rune. :(
It's not a true rune. It was translated wrong when they put the game into English.

It's supposed to be the "Godspeed Rune."
Duago

Post by Duago »

Zaitsev wrote:
Duago wrote:No one ever remembers stallions true holy rune. :(
It's not a true rune. It was translated wrong when they put the game into English.

It's supposed to be the "Godspeed Rune."
AH thanks for that.
Zaitsev

Post by Zaitsev »

I am just confused on how they messed it up THAT bad.

I could see the Godspeed Rune be called: True Speed Rune (which would be a confusing mistake) or Holy Speed Rune by mistake. How did they get True and Holy in there and leave out speed? Oh well...haha.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Zaitsev wrote:I am just confused on how they messed it up THAT bad.

I could see the Godspeed Rune be called: True Speed Rune (which would be a confusing mistake) or Holy Speed Rune by mistake. How did they get True and Holy in there and leave out speed? Oh well...haha.

Because there was 2 runes in Suiko 1, one that just let you run in cities, and Stallions that let you run in cities and on the overworld.

And I think they jused a rather holy sounding name...and instead of translating as " Divine steps " or something like that, they figured it was holy rune...and the greater version that stallion has they figured was True Holy.

apparently they fixed it in Suiko5 tho, since we do get to see the Godspeed rune....to bad tehres no stallion...I wanted a plucky elf character.
Master

Post by Master »

I thought Stallion had the godspeed rune for a pretty long time tho... or does that mean that there is multiple versions of the godspeed rune. I remember the guy in suikoden 4 mentionned how he was "born" with it. In Suiko V, well Cathari doesn't talk at all about how she got the rune or her involvement with HVG.
Zaitsev

Post by Zaitsev »

I think Cedric and Stallion were both born with it. I would guess the same of Cathari, though she doesn't talk much about herself at all. Only a little bit in the end about knowing Lucretia.

Thanks for the explanation Komataguri.