High East Rebellion

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

It's mentioned many times, and implied. Mike, Watari, Ayame, Ace, Geddoe, Queen, and Joker all had something to do with it. Flik, Viktor and possibly Edge had some action in it.

Harmonia order the mercenaries to back the Rebellion. Watari was a hired ninja for Highland during that time as well. Ayame only knew about Watari's situation(but she could have been hired, but after it failed she didn't care as while Watari made a promise with some woman, thus his loyalty). Ayame mentioned loyalty to a that "woman". Could Be Jilia Blight, but I doubt it. I actually think Mike played a big part...if thats even his name.
"We are forgotten in times of peace. It's only
when war looms that people remember we exist."
-The Great Leon Silverburg
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

No information states if Mike was involved or not. though we can make a guess, it's not doing any good to assume things.

As for Geddoe's crew, no official information states that they were in the rebellion as well. That was an excuse they tried to use on Duke's unit.

Since it was a civil war, it makes no sense to send regional defense force members. They would just try to empower the loyalists. That's why Shu created an uprising internally within Harmonia to disrupt their source of power.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

It seemed like Duke and Gau knew about the High East Rebellion assignment when the discussion was happening. I doubt Ace just made that up from the top of his head.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

What he means was they used that excuse a while ago, and are still using that excuse when they'd rather not talk to Duke.

Oh and by the way, you're not allowed image signatures/banners on this site.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Oh and by the way, you're not allowed image signatures/banners on this site.
Are you serious? A forum w/o signatures? Thats...wack man.

BOT
I think your wrong, they would have said something like "Not that crap again" but instead they went on about the rebellion and the assignment.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Geddoe's mission at that point of the game was to meet up with Salome. Obviously, since Geddoe operates silently, he wouldn't want Duke's unit to know about it. Duke's unit, more or less, asked what they were doing at such a location. Ace being a smart aleck, said that they were continuing an investigation regarding the Higheast Rebellion. Duke's unit knows that the war ended three years ago, so they didn't buy the excuse. Ace wasn't really trying so hard to fool them, though. He was trying to discourage their question, a bit.

That dialogue doesn't do a very good job of validating their involvent (if any at all) in the Higheast Rebellion. It was likely a literary device to inform us about an event after the events of S2 and not in any game.

So until information says otherwise, we can say that they did not have a role in the rebellion.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Reideen

Post by Reideen »

The Blight family member could easily be a ploy for the rebellion to stir things up. The person in question could just as easily be their old servant dressed up to look the part to rally the followers.
The First King of Highland was Harmonian so it would'nt be unusual if only the King stayed at Highland and Brothers or some other kind of relatives are living in Harmonia.

And even if this relativ don't want to 'recapture' Highland Harmonia would have pushed him/her because with Highland their influence in the Dunan region vanished into thin air.
not only that Harmonia fought on the Highland side of the Dunan Unification War but also their treatment for non-human citizens would make an contract between Dunan and Harmonia kinda hard...because Dunan inhabits a good amount of Kobolds and Wingers.
If you find mistakes keep them for yourself.
[GER]
mikan ryuko

Post by mikan ryuko »

In GensoShinsho vol.12, it mentions Geddoe's team helping the Harmonian forces in the rebellion (although it states it in a vague manner)
My guess is it's safe to assume they were in it.

Also Tota and Mio met eachother during this rebellion.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Alright, well can't go against a Shinsho. I retract my statement, thanks, mikan.
Judgement of Lorelai

Post by Judgement of Lorelai »

SARSadmin wrote:The Higheast Rebellion happened in 472, which is 12 years after Suikoden 2. It started when Highland Kingdom loyalists staged a rebellion, aided by Harominia and possibly a member of the Blight Family as a figurehead.
Flik and Viktor fought in this conflict on Dunan's side, lead by President Teresa Wisemail. Shu was already retired by then (He retired in 461, and Klaus took his post), but he helped out by inciting rebellion within Harmonia. This ended up in Harmonia pulling out their troops from Highland, and Dunan crushed the remaining rebels.
How did Shu incites the rebellion within Harmonia? What exactly happened?
I don't hang around with weaklings...
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Details have not been given.
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

It could have been Pilika which stired things up to start the higheast rebellion and Shu could have contacted Riou and Jowy to stir things up in Harmonia well thats just my thought.
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Can I ask what made you bring Pilika into the discussion? It's like saying Shiro = Riou's father without any evidence to support it.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

I know it is a load of crap but it was just a thought.
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."