High East Rebellion

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Archangelknux2

High East Rebellion

Post by Archangelknux2 »

OK Whats up with the High East Rebelion? What Happened? Who led it? Why were Viktor, Flik and Shu dragged into it? If anyone has any info please respond.
Your friend and mine Archangelknux2
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

The only thing I know about the Higheast Rebellion was that the citizens of the Higheast Province( formerly Highland) wanted their independce from Dunan. I think they rebellion lost but that I don't know.Maybe Shu was dragged into it because he's a stratigeist for Dunan(right?) and I guess Flik and Viktor worked as mercaniers in this one too.

But I better let someone explain it better than I can.
Archangelknux2

Post by Archangelknux2 »

Flik and Viktor had given up the Merc. Life. There's another reason. I just remembered that Shu was acting commander in chief or something like that in the absence of Riou SOOOOOO that would explain why he would be involved.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The Higheast Rebellion happened in 472, which is 12 years after Suikoden 2. It started when Highland Kingdom loyalists staged a rebellion, aided by Harominia and possibly a member of the Blight Family as a figurehead.
Flik and Viktor fought in this conflict on Dunan's side, lead by President Teresa Wisemail. Shu was already retired by then (He retired in 461, and Klaus took his post), but he helped out by inciting rebellion within Harmonia. This ended up in Harmonia pulling out their troops from Highland, and Dunan crushed the remaining rebels.
Archangelknux2

Post by Archangelknux2 »

Is it known what the roles the Kage ninjas were? Did they do the behind the scenes stuff like Kage in S2?
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

All we know is that they assisted Highland during the Dunan Unification War. Maybe the Higheast rebellion too. Other than that, we know nothing.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

but isnt that Higheast supposed to be given an independence ? i mean it doesnt have to be under Dunan's control.
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

It was integrated into Dunan when Highland fell after the Dunan Unification War. So in actuality, the rebellion was a Civil War that failed.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

it makes Dunan into a bad guy .... Higheast should be given the independence .. well, dats wat i think ..
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Well, the whole war in Suikoden 2 was fought because the lands of Dunan (which includes Higheast) is too small for two nations. That's why there were endless wars between the two nations endlessly.

So, giving Higheast independence would pretty much undermine the whole purpose of Suikoden 2's war.
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

oo ok. so is it the end of the blight family ? i heard that someone of the blight family involves at the war ?
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

That's what is rumored. However, we really have no info to be certain of anything.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

The Blight family member could easily be a ploy for the rebellion to stir things up. The person in question could just as easily be their old servant dressed up to look the part to rally the followers.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

if i can remember, suikoden3 never mention about this war.
so... where do this war fact come from?
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

They do mention it a couple of times in Suikoden 3.