Other places visitable besides Falena?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Jowy Atreides

Other places visitable besides Falena?

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I've heard that the Island Nations are visitable, but can we actually keep on coming back like with Gregminister in Suikoden II, or is it a one-time only thing? How about the new theocracy to the south, or the new kingdom to the west (west right?). What place specifically can we visit in the Island Nations? I can't imagine being able to visit the entire area, as that'd be too huge.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I'm going to say that this is definetly a setting question and a bit of a spoiler and move it.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Well, here's a setting spoiler.

You will get to visit the island of Niruba. Supposedly a new island closest to the southern mainland, which was developed much later than the era of IV+Rhapsodia. And, yeah, that's the only island you can visit among them. You don't even get to meet the current leader of the Island Nations, unfortunately.

Also, New Armes is to the east.

Edit: Removed unneeded plot spoilers.
Last edited by patapi on Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

I recall one of the villagers on that Island Nation's island saying that the place used to used to be called mujintou, Solitary Island.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Hermit's Island probably.

The place where Lady Eleanor stayed at during Suikoden IV.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

I love that idea of going to different nations when playing one game. It gives me a feel of exploration, instead of sitting in one place. I loved how you could go to Gregminster in II, but i kinda wanted to explore more. I wanted to go see Kasim! :)
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

dragonmasterx wrote:I recall one of the villagers on that Island Nation's island saying that the place used to used to be called mujintou, Solitary Island.
Is "mujintou" the same as 無人島?
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

yup.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

That's how they called the Deserted Island in Suikoden IV. Although, that kind of name should be vague enough to apply to any island that used to not have any settlement on it, I suppose.

I doubt Niruba is the same as the mermaids' island specifically though. As Rhapsodia has alluded to us that it became Chiepoo's center of trading operations. (And, named after the Hero of the Liberation War... not Niruba.)