All we know about the Sindar *possible spoiler*

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

If memory serves, wasn't the Fog Ship and the Fog Ship's Guide Sindar in origin?

There's also the legend of the Crimson Pilgrims.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Eyedol wrote:If memory serves, wasn't the Fog Ship and the Fog Ship's Guide Sindar in origin?

There's also the legend of the Crimson Pilgrims.
The reason why people think the Fog Ship Guide was Sindar is because Leknaat said to him:" Return to the Eternal city where your brethern are!"

The eternal City is the place where the Sindar should now live. However it is very doubtfull that the Fog Ship Guides appearance is that of a Sindar because:

1) The doors in Sindar Ruins are too small to let such big creatures pass.
2) The Fog Ship was an illusion and the Guide was apparently magically created and probably also an illusion. Thought the controller of the Ship was probably a Sindar.
Last edited by Wraith on Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Wraith wrote:The eternal City is the place where the Sindar should now live. However it is very doubtfull that the Fog Ship Guides appearance is not that of a Sindar because:

1) The doors in Sindar Ruins are too small to let such big creatures pass.
2) The Fog Ship was an illusion and the Guide was apparently magically created and probably also an illusion. Thought the controller of the Ship was probably a Sindar.
Could you re-word that or something please? I don't quite understand your point.
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

I think he tried to say that the Fog Ship is an illusion, so the sindarin couldn't live there. But the last frase is confusing me.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Pesmerga VS. Yuber wrote:I think he tried to say that the Fog Ship is an illusion, so the sindarin couldn't live there. But the last frase is confusing me.
I mean the creator of the illusion was likely a Sindar.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I mean about the doors: if that thing is just an illusion and was created to simply direct the Fog Ship, his size in relation to some doors on land doesn't really matter, since he'd never be going there.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Jowy Atreides wrote:I mean about the doors: if that thing is just an illusion and was created to simply direct the Fog Ship, his size in relation to some doors on land doesn't really matter, since he'd never be going there.
Ehm I don't get your answer. You've profoundly confused me. I think you mixed up something about what I said since you seem to have that alot with my writing.

No seriously I've been trying to get your answer for the past 10 minutes now...
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Wraith wrote:1) The doors in Sindar Ruins are too small to let such big creatures pass.
What's that mean? That's what I'm wondering about, although the wording in general was confusing, so I quoted the whole thing.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Jowy Atreides wrote:
Wraith wrote:1) The doors in Sindar Ruins are too small to let such big creatures pass.
What's that mean? That's what I'm wondering about, although the wording in general was confusing, so I quoted the whole thing.
What I mean is that the Sindar can't look like the Fog Ship Guide because the doors they created are too small.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The Sindar don't necessarily look like the Fog Ship Guide though. He's a magical illusion; his creator didn't necessarily create the Fog Ship Guide is his own image. Even if he was created in his creator's image, there could be varying differences in Sindar sizes. We're also not sure how the ruins were created, and whether or not the Sindars themselves ever entered the places. Perhaps they only created the places to guard things, and never ventured within their own creations. There's too many possibilities to make conclusions, but there are even certain speculations that can't be true since there's other possibilities that might disprove them.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Jowy Atreides wrote:The Sindar don't necessarily look like the Fog Ship Guide though. He's a magical illusion; his creator didn't necessarily create the Fog Ship Guide is his own image. Even if he was created in his creator's image, there could be varying differences in Sindar sizes. We're also not sure how the ruins were created, and whether or not the Sindars themselves ever entered the places. Perhaps they only created the places to guard things, and never ventured within their own creations. There's too many possibilities to make conclusions, but there are even certain speculations that can't be true since there's other possibilities that might disprove them.
True, the Sindar might as well have been changed over the course of time. The Rune Of Change might've made them evolve alot faster than normal or even mutated them. They must've then made their 'ruins' before the transformation. But like you said its just speculations about possibilities.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Their ruins often incorporate mazes, which leads me to believe that whilst they did create ruins they wanted to preserve even if their leaders True Rune is the Rune of Change. Either that or the Sindar Ruins are a result of a change from a previous surrounding, but the whole truth about the Sindar isn't fully known yet, but they are fascinating.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
jowy_jillia

Post by jowy_jillia »

When i played Suikoden V I come to think about two things.

The castle in Suikoden V is similiar to the one in the first game AND both are on water i think.

The Sindar Ruin in Suikoden II have water passage that makes it come water similiar to Suikoden V, maybe Sindar was very high technology.
Iris

Post by Iris »

They're constantly travelling to find their Eternal City, if they haven't found it already.

I believe the Ancient Armes Dynasty predates them.
Pinkus

Re:

Post by Pinkus »

Suikoman444 wrote:We also know they were all over the world, they had ruins at:

Gregminster (Toran)
Pannu Yakuta (Toran)
White Deer Inn (Dunan)
Ancient Highway (Grasslands)
Ceremonial Site (Grasslands)
Flame Champion Hideaway (Grasslands)
Obel (Island Nations)

As well as what's in Falena, but I probably shouldn't talk about that here.
Where are the ruins at Gregminster and Pannu Yakuta? And how do we know that there are ruins there, to the best of my knowledge (and I could be very wrong) the Sindar aren't mentioned at all until S2.