Central Committee? What?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Jowy Atreides

Central Committee? What?

Post by Jowy Atreides »

While mostly dealing with Suikoden IV, this could involve Rhapsodia (and various spoilers also), hence the placement.

Anyway, this "Central Committee" is mentioned during that conversation that Troy and Colton have in the hallway of El-Eal after talking to Graham Cray in Suikoden IV. I was hoping that they wouldn't end up like the council of the SME and only be mentioned in places besides the games, but it doesn't seem like they showed up at all in Rhapsodia either. I was just wondering if anything was mentioned about them that I missed?

If you don't remember the council of the SME (and I don't blame you either; they were only involved in one plot), here's where they are mentioned.
Geil Rugner
Origin: Gregminster
Position: Emperor
Events: Succession War
Geil is the uncle of Barbarossa. While Barbarossa was on a mission to fight Jowston, Geil lead the council of the Scarlet Moon Empire to have a "Trial to remove the Crown Prince." Geil then seized the throne and became Emperor of the Scarlet Moon Empire. Barbarossa fought back, and although Geil had the upper hand at the beginning, he was ultimately defeated and killed.

Post by 3.14 »

...I remember Roget mentioning (probably by the bonfire or something) that the Central Council/Central Committee was another name for the Patriarchal Faction. =)
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

A-ha! That makes sense! Kinda like the Orark Maritime Trade/Cray Trading Company.