Beast Rune

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
RageRune

Beast Rune

Post by RageRune »

I was wondering if anyone knew why the Beast Rune wanted to be placed in L'renoville instead of Harmonia?
suikofanUk

Post by suikofanUk »

it is said that the Beast rune is the rune of "animalistic rage and passion". that rune almost sounds perfect for Luca blight, who himself was hell bent on taking lives.

i think the rune itself maybe just wanted sacrafices and blood, and it happened to know where it would get some.
harmonia is probably a fairly peaceful place compared to Dunan during the unification war, the rune probably just wanted to go somewhere where it could gain more blood and sacrafices, and to a place where there would be someone insane enough to wield it's power (luca)

i know we know nothing about it, but it would be interesting if the beast rune was involved in any other past conflicts, while it was with harmonia.
that would seem to back up what i'm saying somewhat.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

i'm sure the beast rune had no idea of luca blight since it was given to the blight family way before he was even born. harmonia and highland made it seem that the rune was given to highland by the holy kingdom but in actuality the rune chose to be there. like i said, it has a mind of its own.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Jewber

Post by Jewber »

i think the rune DID know about Luca and the conflict in the future. It is said that all runes know the future, and tell the bearer of it... sometimes, thats why in suikoden 3

[spoiler]luc new about the prevailing of order and the destruction of the world. [/spoiler]
suikofanUk

Post by suikofanUk »

well, just from doing a little reading, it was as i said, but kinda the other way around.

from the history section of this very website:
"Since then, the Beast Rune laid dormant within L'Renouille until Luca Blight took interest in its power"

i'd like to think that since runes are the ultimate powers on the suikoden world, that perhaps the beast rune had a little bit of forsight and perhaps knew that somebody like Luca would come along and try to wield it.

after all, even before Luca was born Highland and the City state were always fighting. perhaps the beast rune could sense a further and greater conflict and knew that someone would be willing to sacrafice hundreds of people to it.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

you're quote from the history section wasn't refering to the beast rune waiting for luca, it was just saying it was there until luca used it. and if these true runes have the power of foresight, then why did the night rune know of neclord's trick from the start? he/she/it was surely surprised to hear that neclord wasn't killed.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

The Zodiac Sword/Star Dragon Sword is NOT the night rune, but merely an incarnation of it. The sword itself is technically not a bearer and thus shouldn't be able to forsee the future.

Another thing with this foresight. Those are the rune's memories and not the future. Despite being a bearer for a considerate amount of time, Luc says the old Flame Champion may have only vaguely seen the image. That suggests that those who were bearers for a long amount of time would be the only one who saw it. Luc is an exception since it is with his soul (While Sasarai never talked about it, it's possible he knew too) How those True Runes got their memories is something I can't explain.

As for the Neclord thing. I don't thing the runes care about such a minor point in history. They're probably more concerned about bringing about the end of the world as fate intended.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Archangelknux2

Post by Archangelknux2 »

According to this very website, "Maroux Blight was a noble within the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia, but he quenched a rebellion and was granted his own land in return. He was also given the Beast Rune from High Priest Sasarai, which has been passed on through the Blight Family."

I think that they mean Hikusaak... umm Sasarai wasn't alive then he is not much older then luc. This can be found in the History section under the legacies of the Blight Family
Your friend and mine Archangelknux2
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Unfortunately, it was Konami who stated Sasarai gave the Beast Rune to the Highland Kingdom back when they were created. You can see it for yourself in the Suikoden 2 game during the attack on Muse--Luc will tell you exactly the above information.
Silvermouse

Post by Silvermouse »

Does it say anywhere that Sasarai and Luc are the same age? Luc calls him older brother, but Sasarai could be a century or more older. Did Harmonia get both the True Earth and True Wind runes at the same time? Maybe they had the Earth rune for a long time (and made Sasarai to hold it) and just recently got the Wind rune and then made Luc.

Dios: "You remind me of my son."
Sasarai: "Dios. I'm older than you!"
Jasae Bushae

Post by Jasae Bushae »

well the beast rune rufused to be contained within harmonia posibly because it was about to be contained in a vessel like wind and earth and went to the nearest place from harmonia which was l'renoulle and slept people think that the beast rune needs blood but as many people know predetors are atracted to the scent of blood so when luca sacrificed them in the name of the beast rune it atracted the golden wolves alot of people treat the beast rune as evil but its simply bestial in nature
no more breaking the fingers of kitchen help i need ther hands break a toe if you must
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Oh I see, so the Beast Rune is like an animal that goes where there's a scent of blood right? So is it safe to say the Beast Rune has a mind of it's own?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The reason the Beast Rune moved is unknown, but it's more than likely due to the fact that it knew Luca Blight would want to awaken its deadly powers.

The "Golden Wolves" seem more like footprints of the Beast Rune, and not an actual power. Wherever the Beast Rune goes, "Golden Wolves" are left in its wake. The Beast Rune not utilizing these beasts during the final battle also points at this.

The blood thing with the sacrificing of Muse's citizens happened after the Beast Rune was already in Highland's possession. There's nothing that says that the Beast Rune is attracted to blood, although it seems that, to awaken the Beast Rune, a large sacrifice must be made.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Draco

Post by Draco »

Silvermouse wrote:(and made Sasarai to hold it) and just recently got the Wind rune and then made Luc.

what do you mean by made? is that something in suikogaiden?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I was so wrong...yup, Sasarai is the older of the two. My bad! :oops: So, it is very possible Sasarai was the one who delivered the True Earth Rune to Highland. Also, I believe that the Sovereign Rune also neglected Harmonia and chose to reside on the Rugner's family sword as a family heirloom. I believe that True Rune was held by Harmonia, as well, but I can be wrong. Once again, oops on the whole Sasarai and Luc thing. lol
Last edited by demon eye on Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.