Beast Rune

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Jasae Bushae

Post by Jasae Bushae »

RageRune wrote:Oh I see, so the Beast Rune is like an animal that goes where there's a scent of blood right? So is it safe to say the Beast Rune has a mind of it's own?
actualy all the true runes are sentient its just that beasty rune is the only one weve noticed that just got up and left somewhere
no more breaking the fingers of kitchen help i need ther hands break a toe if you must
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

demon eye wrote:I was so wrong...yup, Sasarai is the older of the two. My bad! :oops: So, it is very possible Sasarai was the one who delivered the True Earth Rune to Highland. Also, I believe that the Sovereign Rune also neglected Harmonia and chose to reside on the Rugner's family sword as a family heirloom. I believe that True Rune was held by Harmonia, as well, but I can be wrong. Once again, oops on the whole Sasarai and Luc thing. lol
You mean the Beast Rune right?

Anyway, most people agree that Sasarai giving The Beast Rune to Highland is a typo on Konami's part and was meant to say Hikusaak. When the Beast Rune was given to Highland Sasarai wasn't even around yet.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Yes, I know that the Beast Rune did leave Harmonia, but I was giving a statement (which is more like a question actually) about the Sovereign Rune. I was wondering if it also was in Harmonian control, as well. I rem,ber something about it being given to the Rugner family as a token of respect from Harmonia when they were still in good standing with them (meaning before they broke away from Harmonia, turning the once Harmonian capitol to Gregminster). It is a family heirloom, but I was trying to remember if they also received it from Harmonia. I just was trying to remember how it got into the Rugner family's hands.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

No, you said that the True Earth Rune is the rune that was given to Highland when it was actually the Beast Rune which was given to Highland.

I think you're focusing on the wrong part of your quote.

Edit: Here's the entries for the Dragon King Sword and the Sovereign Rune. I'll answer your question after the quotes for both of those.
Name: Dragon King Sword
Classification: Weapon
Owner: Barbarossa Rugner
The family heirloom of the Rugner Family, the Dragon King sword has a tight-kept secret--one of the 27 True Runes, the Sovereign Rune, is attached to its hilt. Only Rugners know this fact, and for that reason the sword has been used as a symbol of the Emperor, always at his side.

The sword itself is not practical for combat due to its ornaments, but the Soverign Rune attached on its hilt provides its master protection against influence from other runes, and also allows its bearer to turn into a three-headed gold dragon. Barbarossa Rugner used these powers during the Gate Rune Wars.
Sovereign Rune
Current Owner: Unknown

Past Owners: Barbarossa

A True Rune representing aboslute rule, the Sovereign Rune has been the Rugner family's family heirloom since Kranach Rugner created the Scarlet Moon Empire. Before that, the Sovereign Rune belonged to the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia, and was protected within the Holy City of Rupanda (Later renamed Gregminster). The rune's powers are still a mystery, but it grants it's bearers complete immunity to all runes, and also allows its bearer to change into a three-headed dragon. Barbarossa, as its bearer, chose to embed this rune on his Dragon King Sword. Since Barbarossa fell from his castle's balcony, this rune's wereabouts are unknown.
So, the Sovereign Rune was in Rupanda until Kranach Rugner overthrew Rupanda and it became Gregminister. Ever since then, it's been in the possession of the Rugners as the family heirloom.

Also, the Sovereign Rune was in Rupanda before Kranach took the city for himself, so it's always been in Harmonian possession.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Oh, my fault, I meant the Sovereign Rune. I am quite aware that the True Earth Rune was not given to Harmonia. So, I was correct that Harmonia held the Sovereign Rune, as well. I was just making sure.